Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Post your pre-game routine

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this for limit games? If so, care to explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, limit. They might have bought in short, which almost certainly means they're not very good, or they don't know enough (or don't have enough money) to rebuy when they can't cap all streets if the situation calls for it.

Also, a lot of bad players have a strange mentality where they just "play out their stack". Once they make some expensive mistakes or take a few beats they just give the rest of it away. I like that.

As far as staying away from a table with a few big stacks, I figure at that point I'm getting the seat of the guy who was giving all his money away, and the table is about to tighten up.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points... Thanks for the follow-up
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 PM

have you improved your living habits? i think i predicted death for you not to long ago. please prove me wrong.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: You all disgust me!

[ QUOTE ]
Not one of you said you listen to Kenny Roger's "The Gambler" before you play. Shame on you! May the Poker Gods deal you KK vs AA time and time again until you correct the error of your ways! Heathens!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Take the Money and Run?" Party skins makes the start up process so much more complicated and stressful than it has to be. PokerStars' system is so nice, I hated Party when I first moved there. It's nice to sit out at a table and get a few hands on everyone at the table, but I either come back too soon and only have like 10 hands on each person, or I come back too late and it has picked me up from the tables. Just to make sure, you can't datamine unless you are seated at the table, right? I usually just sit at the first 4 tables I can get an open seat at, otherwise I'm waiting forever and don't have the same attention span I would if I had just sat down.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:26 AM

Hardly. I play until the game gets bad. Why sit in games that are constantly battled between the blinds or being played w/ good players? With so many games to choose from it doesn't hurt to be choosy.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you improved your living habits? i think i predicted death for you not to long ago. please prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed a salad last night.

The drinking has tapered off significantly, but I didn't quit completely.

The smoking's gotta stop, and I need to exercise more... I should make a follow-up post.

Thanks for reminding me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 03:39 PM

no, but that sure sounds like a great idea.