Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: a hand i misclicked and may like

I think you should c/r this flop with a lot of hands. Not just ones you hit. Villain's CO opening range is huge, and this flop missed him lots. It is also an easy flop for him to get away from if he holds a weak A or K.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:35 PM

what i do on the flop depends on how i think this guy thinks i'll react to him. if i've been cring a lot of flops against him, he thinks i might make a move here and might play back at me, then i cr the flop. if i've been doing more check/calling against him then i'd call and cr the turn (i assume that was your plan?) as a chronic flop checkraiser personally i'd checkraise.

after thinking about it some, i think i like the river checkraise given how the hand played out. those are some aggro stats, and if this guy has a hand with any showdown value he's likely betting the turn. so i think he's more likely to stab at this on the river than he is to call a bet.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:36 PM

I think that you should just check-raise the flop and bet the turn. If you are an aggressive player you might get a suspicion call down from ace high since they will assume you are bluffing at the 6s.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont you think his likelihood of having an ace is reduced by the turn check on a super raggedy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

people seem to be missing that. i'm pretty sure this guy is betting his ace highs on the turn. an actual read beyond just the stats would be helpful, because he really could be capable of checking behind planning on calling the river, but i don't expect it.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont you think his likelihood of having an ace is reduced by the turn check on a super raggedy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right about that. I didn't consider that at all. Now I don't know.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people seem to be missing that. i'm pretty sure this guy is betting his ace highs on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if he will bet a high on the turn that doesnt make a turn cr necessarly the best play. Many players will call down with A-High if check raised on this flop, but will fold to the turn CR.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:52 PM

i was saying that to support the river play. i'd cr the flop, but if i had been check-calling a lot against this guy i'd start mixing that up by check-calling the flop with stronger hands too. i just meant that i don't think victor should bet the river expecting an ace high call because if the villain had ace high he'd probably bet the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure this guy is betting his ace highs on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys bet with Ace high here against an aggressive opponent?

Villain's line doesn't look bad at all with Ace high against an opponent who will frequently bluff the river, does it?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM

i usually cr the flop all day. heres what happens: villain calls the cr and folds the turn unimproved.

so i wanted to try something different and was gonna cr the turn. that way i get an extra half bet when he folds the turn to the cr.

he foiled my plans by checking behind. now, on the riv his range is huge. if i bet he is folding all but pairs and ace high. hands that he likely would have bet on the turn. so checking the riv seems to induce a bluff. or maybe he is value betting lower pairs or a4/5.

anyways, i checkraised the river and he called with 99. strange hand.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:04 PM

his line would be fine with ace high. i think i'm just overestimating how aggressive a 36/18/2 is. it's certainly more aggro than i am, but i guess it's not by that much.