Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: What it Do?

[ QUOTE ]
kinda amazed so many people say fold, it's probably the better play, but for the record i slide it in here. siihp baby

the caveat i suppose is i play more shorthanded, and people can make that raise with a pretty wide range, some of which I beat, others which Im very very live against.

Calling, okayplayer, is the worst choice, as you will not get action if you hit your draw, a big portion of his flop raises are semibluffs (whole reaso nto push now, they wont call on the turn but gamble with a nice overlay on the pot now) and you dont know if a T is good.. or if a club does land, do they now have the nuts or do you have a redraw to a set? etc. plus you're oop so you have to react first. if you check he culd take free card. if you go all in you assure losing max to better hand.

Anyway, I push here, and normally feel good about it till JT calls me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for the record, I normally push here as well. However, I had been seen playing draws aggressively, and that's why I believe my FE is low; I can usually count on some FE to make this a +EV push, and also, the stack size was such that I'd need to have ~44% equity, whereas I had initially estimated it to be about 40% (and actually was probably more like 35%), so with very little to no FE, I decided to call figuring my implied odds were more than enough. When I called, I felt confident about getting the rest of his stack if I hit one of my outs; I'm sure he put me on AA/KK or maybe AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] .

But maybe I'm wrong... I just don't see how folding can be optimal, with a potential to win a $3k+ pot for $315 more with a good number of outs. I know it's neutral EV, but is calling -EV?