Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 09:04 AM

Default AJo ......help?!?

SB is complete unknown. Only second hand at table.

UTG+1 is an absolute muppet. Massive donator and has reloaded twice. He's on my buddy list for ever.

MP2 has moved up to 1/2 recently. I used to play with him a lot at .5\1. He was always loose and pretty aggressive preflop. He's tightened up a little and overcompensated on preflop aggression. He was always very solid post flop and demonstrated ability to put moves on here and there. So, not a donk.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (26 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

I think there's room for discussion on everything other than preflop.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: AJo ......help?!?

Well, a little discussion pre-flop...AJo PFR UTG is a little bold - but I know you are solid Kwaz so I trust your instincts.

Flop: vn, hit you hard - but that is a VERY coordinated board and despite SB's and your intentions to limit the field there are two overcallers there, which is a concern (even if one is a muppet*). I suspect you are up vs. a lot of draws.

Turn: I like your line, I think you had to slow down especially after the overcallers cold-called.

River: No way I'm folding based on pot size but we are most likely beat by a straight or flush or both.

Well played all-around.

* Remember, Dr. Bunson Honeydew is a muppet and is one cold, shrewd mofo!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 AM

I don't know if I like or dislike the turn raise. The more I look at it, I hate it. Unless the SB is tight and doesn't 3 bet QQ/JJ or thinks that QJ is worth a cap and a 3 bet on flop/turn, I hate the turn raise. I would have to put SB as a complete donk to do this without anything less than 2 pair. And even if he has 2 pair, the only 2 pair you're beating is QJ.

Knowing this, I would just call the turn and call the river.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:33 AM

Oh I like raising AJo in early position. AJo is a hand you want to play with few people, not many. So finding a way to limit your opponents with AJo is essential.

I think you played it fine... SB really likes his hand and there is no talking him out of it. Either an extremely overplayed flush draw, or he has QQ and is a wimp pre-flop. So calling down after the turn re-raise is fine.

KO
Old 12-28-2005, 05:22 PM

call the flop c/r
raise the turn

there are a lot of bad turn cards, and the 3bet really doesn't protect your hand, if you call the flop, and raise the turn you will be offering something like 6.5/1 and force the field to call 2cold .. which protects against the gutshots
Old 12-28-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call the flop c/r
raise the turn

there are a lot of bad turn cards, and the 3bet really doesn't protect your hand, if you call the flop, and raise the turn you will be offering something like 6.5/1 and force the field to call 2cold .. which protects against the gutshots

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Also, if you're ahead of SB on the flop, he won't bet the turn for you if you 3 bet, but he will lead the turn with hands that you're ahead of if you just call his c/r.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only 2 pair you're beating is QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

A8/Q8/J8.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only 2 pair you're beating is QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

A8/Q8/J8.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would those hands check/raise/cap the flop?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, a little discussion pre-flop...AJo PFR UTG is a little bold

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise AJo from pretty much well any position &gt;95% of the time.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 PM

*grunch*

preflop and flop i play it the same as you. after that i just call down. hard to put someone on a set because you'd think there'd be more action preflop from them, and hard to give credit to the flopped broadway. but with your pfr and your flop action you are telling them you have a big hand and they don't seem to care too much, so that's when i would go into call down mode. maybe someone had Kx diamonds? that would suck. or maybe AQ? People coldcall that a lot.

BBB