Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 AM

Default JJ, too weak?

SB ($79.19) is an aggro donkey. People are using him to double-up frequently but he's getting lucky and taking their stacks every so often. No really read on UTG+2 ($16.79), he seems to be pretty TAGish.

Pacific $0.05/$0.10 No Limit (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2.05</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

I'm ($13.70) far too weak preflop, I think I should have a) bet more since SB was throwing around (relatively) large bets with any two cards b) not chickened out when I got a chance to reraise. Reraising probably gets this HU against SB whom I am sure to beat. I think SB thinks that I was trying to steal raising from the button. I can see UTG+2 set hunting with 55 but limping then calling with KQ/QJ? Probably KQs (still, why call the raise?), since hitting quads is really unlikely.

Flop: ($6.15) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 players
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.43</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: ($10.24) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.01</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $8.02</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Help? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: JJ, too weak?

This is the limit forum.

I think I would have raised the flop... you're in a good position with an aggro donkey acting after you, maybe raising it out of drawing range for UTG+2. Or UTG+2 has a big pair, too and he knows SB is a moron and he's trying to isolate you out.

I dunno, tho... don't do no-limit.

KO
Old 12-27-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: JJ, too weak?

Oops, so sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please ignore my fumbling.