Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: What\'s grunching?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the link my friend:

Grunchcan Challenge

Basically, it is thinking through a hand and posting before you read the other replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know what that meant either. Isn't this what everyone does?

What is the point of typing this anyway? Does anyone care that you didn't read the replies???

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, it helps you get away from that nasty group effect where people will just agree each other.

You give your opinion unaffected by other opinions which can be good for the group by giving another perspective. You'll know if you're sorely mistaken by responses to your post.

I should do this more often myself.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If saying something that has already been said makes you look like an ass, then how does typing "Grunching" help? You are still re-stating, as well as adding a silly word along with it...

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously dude, relax. If you don't want to do it, don't. It can be helpful for people to put their own opinions down unaffected by the thoughts of others.

You have a tendency to be overly argumentative. Relax.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If saying something that has already been said makes you look like an ass, then how does typing "Grunching" help? You are still re-stating, as well as adding a silly word along with it...

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously dude, relax. If you don't want to do it, don't. It can be helpful for people to put their own opinions down unaffected by the thoughts of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calm. Try to not use strong phrases like, "makes you look like an ass." next time. Using strong words and language tends to get under peoples skin.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calm. Try to not use strong phrases like, "makes you look like an ass." next time. Using strong words and language tends to get under peoples skin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah.... read my original post. Obviously I'm not referring to you specifically, since you hadn't posted the same thing 15 times.

Again - relax.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean strong phrases like, 'as well as adding a silly word along with it...'

One thing I've observed in forums (especially these) is that people don't really tend to observe any kind of political correctness, try to be polite, etc.,etc... I kind of like it that way because I despise political correctness.

Anyway... it all goes back to the whole 'arguing on the internet' thing.

KO
Old 11-15-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean strong phrases like, 'as well as adding a silly word along with it...'

One thing I've observed in forums (especially these) is that people don't really tend to observe any kind of political correctness, try to be polite, etc.,etc... I kind of like it that way because I despise political correctness.

Anyway... it all goes back to the whole 'arguing on the internet' thing.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

I recommend you quit being such a faggot.

Seriously though, where did you go? I haven't seen you around for a while. I thought you were making good progress and then you just disappeared. Oh well, hope the break's been good.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I kind of like it that way because I despise political correctness.
KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Here here!

[ QUOTE ]

I recommend you quit being such a faggot.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Maybe we need another "grunching" type word which reads "the following is intended to cause serious offence."