Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: welcome to the rock.

Been in this exact situation before.
Long reads of virtually never raising preflop are solid.
It sure helps if there are some limpers tagging along.

I do not have an answer, only to say that I have played to showdown in these situations and the outcome is in the red...so excellent question my friend.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:50 AM

Call or fold.. Decisions decisions.
We could hit a set and PWN HIS ASS...

Hmm, It depends how bad i need to go toilet.

Ok, I Calllllll because position rules... and implied might be quite sexy if we hit a set yoo... (Whats his AF please?)

and im 17VPIP and folding JJ when im already bored would sucki.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.s. I dont 3bet, Because this mofo's tight! Its a fold or call.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought this hand was called happy larrys...

[/ QUOTE ]

explain that name please?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:18 PM

pfr of 1 out of 150 hands is 1.5. So this could be 1 or 2 hands. We expect AA-QQ to come about 1.35% of the time, so this is a strong case for folding pre-flop. Since there is already one limper, this would give is about 2:1 to make the call and if we expect the loose blinds to come in, we're looking at 4:1, so we could treat this as a set-maker and fold if the rock gives any substantial action on the flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Whats his AF please?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaningless. He's got a VPIP of 9 over 150 hands. What's a 13-hand AF going to tell you, especially given that he probably hasn't shown down ANY of those?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thought this hand was called happy larrys...

[/ QUOTE ]

explain that name please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this tread
Old 11-15-2005, 12:37 PM

If I can expect a 5- or 6-way pot, I CC. Otherwise I chuck it. No point 3-betting when I'm dominated by a good portion of his range and only a 55% favorite against the rest.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM

I think this is a fold. I wouldn't want to, but I should. I've folded premium hands to rock raises before, grudgingly, and been very happy I did it.

KO
Old 11-15-2005, 01:10 PM

If you think he is capable of raising AK, then I would at least coldcall, if not raise. I don't think I would fold this hand.

1) You're barely below 50-50 to have the best hand against him (AK = 16, AA/KK/QQ = 18). If you don't think he's raising QQ, then you're a little above 50-50. Either way, you're making money off the donk in the middle by playing this hand (because I doubt he's folding preflop).
2) You have position on Rocky and there is a very small range of hands which you expect him to have. This means that you have the playing advantage and make fewer postflop errors.
3) Coldcalling might be better than 3-betting if you think the blinds are very likely to come along. They will help pad the pot when you are against a bigger pair. They will also help give you more action if you flop a set.
4) The advantage to 3-betting (besides getting more money in the pot) is to drive out the other players who might hold overcards to your pair. In this case, you are already getting out if any ace or king falls, which really leaves one mystery overcard (Q) where you're not quite sure what to do. This means that you don't really care so as much about driving out the overcards because most of the time it won't affect your decision.
5) If you 3-bet and Rocky caps, you can allow yourself to lean more towards believing he doesn't have AK.

So weighing it all together, I would lean a little bit closer to cold-calling if I think Rocky is... rockier. If he might be a little less so, then I wouldn't mind 3-betting him.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:13 PM

I would cold call.

If I had this read over much more than 150 hands, yes, I would fold. But you get AA or KK on average once in 220 hands. He could just be running really cold. And idiots like this like to limp aces anyways.

5-600 hands, I fold. 150 hands, I call.