Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Bluff Magazine: Poker\'s Power 20

In its January issue, Bluff Magazine will be presenting "Poker's Power 20." Industry experts will name the most influential movers and shakers in poker. I'm no expert, but I am a player and a fan, so here's my top three:

Feel free to chime in with yours.

3. Poker Tracker Pat

His program, along with PAHUD has revolutionized online poker. Terms such as "WSD%" have become part of the poker lexicon. Anyone who doesn't shell out the $55 + $25 for these two programs is without a doubt severely limiting his online earnings potential.

2. David Sklansky

His contributions to poker are akin to Ted Williams' contributions to the hitting of a baseball. Sklansky's "Theory of Poker" is the only truly "must read" book for serious poker players. Along with Mason Malmuth, their 2+2 books and forum comprise the "Harvard" of poker.

1. Phil Ivey

Arguably the greatest poker player in the world at this time. The Tiger Woods comparisons are appropriate, as Phil is young, good looking, charismatic, and an intense competitor. In addition, his being the new "face" of poker does wonders to dispel the stereotype of a poker player
being an out-of-shape, middle-aged, balding, smelly white guy.