Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Default out of line?

2/4 5 handed villain ($450ish) seems solid, i've been picking up most small pots w/o too many showdowns, haven't shown down any enormous bluffs, maybe 75% showdowns won, I cover table, and haven't gotten involved with villain yet.

please feel free to tear me apart on this one.

I pick up 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in SB, villain opens it $50 to go on button, and for whatever reason I call. The pf overbet was atypical of him and the table in general. This is not necessarily normal (or good) for me, but I did it anyways.

Flop (~$100) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check check

Turn (~$100) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, he bets $50, I make it $170, he calls. ummm ok

River (~$450) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i think for about 10 seconds and push, he has about $225 left.

weird line by villain, what do you put him on, and from villain's perspective, what are you looking me up with in general?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: out of line?

If he is calling 170 on the turn then he is calling 225 on the river, especially if you say he is solid.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:29 PM

Why in the world are you calling 50 preflp out of position?

To me it looks like villan has a set of KK's or AA with the A of spades and is letting you bluff off your money to him. No need for him to raise on this board.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:33 PM

fold preflop, the rest looks great

sw
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 PM

I really don't like calling $50 here preflop.

The Doc
Old 12-19-2005, 02:41 PM

hmm i guess there's merit to what you say. but isn't 50 pf a bit much with KK/AA? or is this what he wants me to think? either way i think AA no spade, or KKK bets the flop.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:57 PM

I dont like anything but the flop.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 PM

i didn't read the entire info, didn't realize button opened to 50... Has he been opening a lot with junk?

I just don't see the reason for the play. Let him steal the blinds, attack him when your in position.

What do you think Villans puts you on when you check the flop and turn? Does a made hand really check twice after the preflop action?

Your bluff on the river pretty much only beats a busted draw unless villan is terrible. He's getting 3-1 to call and your play reaks of a turn steal semi bluff that didn't get there.

I just don't see the point of this post. What do you hope to gain for future play? I would just remove the calling of large opens with marginal holdings in the blinds from my game. There are just better ways to take down these clowns.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:38 PM

fair enough, but given villain's line what holdings of his look me up given my action?

i guess the jist of my post is wanting to know how often i can get away with these types of plays, repping a FH, flush, J, K, making it difficult for anything short of AK to call me. it looks maniacal, but what hands look me up here? think of it from villain's perspective.

maybe i am insane.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:38 PM

ok, why?