Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Name three beers worth trying.

Something like 80 replies and no one mentioned Westvleteren?! Westvleteren is one of the six Trappist breweries of Belgium. Especially their "Westvleteren 12" is absolutely fantastic! I'll rather have a bottle of that than rockets against a LAG trice in a row! The beer is only sold one place in the world: At the monestary. The monks only sell it when they need funds, so you have to phone them and hear when the next sale is, and then queing with at hole lot of other people. There is a five cases maximum per car!

Beck's Bier from Bremen, Germany is nothing special at all, but their commercial during the Soccer European Championships 2004 takes a price: "You don't have to be Posh to suck on Beck's"
Old 07-26-2004, 12:08 PM

Flying Dog Pale Ale is my current pale ale of choice.

Fat Tire Amber Ale is perhaps my favorite beer ever, but I haven't had it in years, so its probably the memory that makes it taste best. Made by New Belgium Brewing Company in Colorado and not available in the east.

Arrogant Bastard Ale This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. I would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory -- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mothing your words as you read this.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arrogant Bastard Ale This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. I would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory -- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mothing your words as you read this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can get this in my local supermarket...this quote is right off the back of the bottle. Classic.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My third would be Red hook.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I regularly drinkl red hook and sierra nevada pale ale. sierra nevada much better imo.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:30 PM

Anyone who likes guiness should definitely give Murphy's a try. Same kind o' stuff, stout brewed in ireland. Smoother and less bitter than guiness. I much prefer.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:57 PM

My personal favorite is a Grain Belt in a chipped frosted mug with 3 big olives in the bottom. Yummy.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:05 PM

Amazingly never got around to this thread:

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Bell's Oberon

Goose Island Hexnut

Consume and Enjoy,

citanul
Old 07-28-2004, 01:48 PM

koke