Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2004, 01:52 PM

Default MLB 4/5

I'm going to try my hand at betting baseball. Here are a couple bets I like today:

Pirates +138 (Wells/Millwood)

Cubs/Reds U8.5 +100

Good luck...

-- Homer
Old 04-05-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: MLB 4/5.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i am not sure how the buccos will score, but i am not betting against pirates money line, i am betting under; gl

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: MLB 4/6

YTD 1-1 (0 units)

BTW, I failed to mention this in my initial post, but I'm going to bet an amount on each game such that my win will be $20 (i.e. - if I'm betting a team at +200, I'll bet $10 and if I'm betting a team at -150, I'll bet $30), so I guess my unit size is $20 (yup, I'm a high roller). Also, I'm only using two books (Pinnacle/Intertops), so I won't be getting the best lines for some bets. If I enjoy doing this and don't suck, I'll add more books as the season progresses.

Today's picks, thus far:

Montreal +151 (Hernandez/Beckett)

Colorado +211 (Estes/Johnson)

Colorado/Arizona 8.5o -104

Tampa Bay +188 (Zambrano/Mussina) & Tampa Bay +1.5 +118 (Half a unit on each)

Detroit +181 (Maroth/Batista)

I might add Baltimore, Minnesota and/or NY Mets based on how lines move.

-- Homer
Old 04-06-2004, 12:38 PM

The best way to keep score (other than actual money!) is by units. So if you bet a -150 game and win, you would win one unit. If you bet the -150 game and lost you would lose 1.5 units.

Conversely if you lost a +150 wager you would lose one unit and if you won a +150 wager you would win 1.5 units.

I don't typically adjust my wager size for the line or if I'm on the plus or minus side. I will bet stronger on stuff that offers bigger edges and smaller on stuff I feel has smaller edges. But I do like to bet all edges I see [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I almost always bet the doggies though. The favorites historically get over bet giving most of the edge to the mutts. It would appear that you are of the same school of thought so far judging by your picks. I'm with you on TB for sure and perhaps a few more. The dogs were definitely barking yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 12:59 PM

I almost always bet the doggies though. The favorites historically get over bet giving most of the edge to the mutts. It would appear that you are of the same school of thought so far judging by your picks. I'm with you on TB for sure and perhaps a few more. The dogs were definitely barking yesterday

So far, I'm definitely liking the underdogs more than the favorites. The only favorite I'm thinking about betting today is Minnesota, and even that one I'm not sure about. Of course, I'm really not sure about any of my picks, since I have no clue what I'm doing. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: MLB 4/6 - Additional Picks

Texas +195
Baltimore +180

-- Homer
Old 04-06-2004, 02:52 PM

since you call yourself mr.baseball why not post your daily picks. i would love to follow them. =)
Old 04-06-2004, 03:40 PM

I post picks (and analysis!) ocassionally. I don't like just posting picks without the thought process behind it. But the thought process is often lengthy and time consuming to type out. Hence you won't see my picks on a daily basis.

But time permitting I will post some analysis when I feel I have uncovered an interesting angle on a game worthy of discussion.

It's pretty early in the season to feel real comfortable yet and takes a few weeks to see how certain players and teams are playing. Right now I'm just playing a few +1.5 runlines at even money or better. Always a good chance if you ask me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But as the season progresses I hope to be involved in a lot of meaningful baseball discussion here.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:19 PM

I'm definitely way into baseball betting this season and I also hope we can find some nice bets and have meaningful discussions. For now I'm doing the same betting a bunch of +1.5 dogs and a good amount of the overs which seem to be going well so far.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:33 PM

the overs are killing now...
got em all for the second day