Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 01:20 AM

Default TPTK Turn & River Play: How many bets you want goin\' in?

Villian is 31/6/1.3 over 400 hands, but seems to be playing a little tighter/more aggro than that in this particular session. I am almost 100% sure MHIG on the turn, for what its worth. Given that read, and a lack of other specific knowledge of the opponent, how many bets do you want to go in on the turn? The river? I have my own thoughts about the hand and will share in a bit.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: TPTK Turn & River Play: How many bets you want goin\' in?

I would've played it the same.

[ QUOTE ]
I am almost 100% sure MHIG on the turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

How/why?

I wouldn't want to put more than 2 bets in on the turn. With read, I'd consider betfolding a blank river (unless he would also raise river with worse hand) after calling the turn raise. It would prevent a freeshowdown play and get value if he's paired up on a draw and calls. On a scare card, I'd probably check call.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've played it the same.

[ QUOTE ]
I am almost 100% sure MHIG on the turn,

[/ QUOTE ]

How/why?

I wouldn't want to put more than 2 bets in on the turn. With read, I'd consider betfolding a blank river (unless he would also raise river with worse hand) after calling the turn raise. It would prevent a freeshowdown play and get value if he's paired up on a draw and calls. On a scare card, I'd probably check call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I think bet/fold is best for the river.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 AM

I think I missed a bet somewhere for sure. Opponent's range on the turn seemed to me to be any high spade, perhaps as part of a pair worse than Queens, or perhaps as a part of a no-pair hand. He might have AK with a spade, for instance, or a hand like 88 with the 8s. Of course in addition to those type of hands he could have two pair, a set, or a made frush. My thinking at the time of the hand was that a made frush is least likely, but I could be wrong about that.

I don't like 3-betting the turn, since getting capped is pretty much death, but I do think bet/fold on the river is essential here. If hero misses bets like this (folding if raised by any non-maniac/known bluffer), he's going to seriously hurt his hourly rate.