Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: I bluff

[ QUOTE ]
he has a9. before he bet he told himself he would fold to a raise. then he got raised. and he didnt fold. what a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I am confused. If we are villain, should we be taking a bet/fold line, or a bet/call line with our weak aces?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried this about a year ago with the same hand on almost the exact same board and got called by whatever the second pair was (I think a queen). I stopped doing it after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then soma_ owned me with it here.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he has a9. before he bet he told himself he would fold to a raise. then he got raised. and he didnt fold. what a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I am confused. If we are villain, should we be taking a bet/fold line, or a bet/call line with our weak aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. i almost added that. was wondering if you took the same line as villain and folded often.

please refer to other threads to find my feelings on bet/fold lines.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:45 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so true. i do that at least once a session
Old 12-17-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he really played that hand horribly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. If he 3-bet you probably would have called him down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 12-17-2005, 08:16 PM

did you ask yourself, were you in his shoes, would you fold? I've been playing the same opponent that your villain is here, I believe. He will check call until the river and then donkbet TP/any kicker, and will not fold to a raise.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he really played that hand horribly [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. If he 3-bet you probably would have called him down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. clearly i was joking. i know that you knew that.

nate pioneered the cc, cc, b? line. he also made a very good post that the frequency of bluffraising the river was increasing. which reminds me a great post by phish or hiatusover (one of those dirty hippies) that said that often betting was better to induce a bluff than checking bc when you check its clear that you assume villain will bet but if you bet you dont expect villain to raise.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

did he pioneer that? i thought that line has been around forever
Old 12-17-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did he pioneer that? i thought that line has been around forever

[/ QUOTE ]

well i busted it out against my uncle when i was 4 but i didnt post it on 2+2 so i figured that didnt count.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:33 PM

call and fold are bioth better than raise, you decide whether he plays hands u beat this way...
honestly i think this is not a good way to play an A unless your opponent is quite good good and exxxtremely aggressive...
i usually call on river. seems fine. one bet, o well... paying off happens. thats the nature of ,imit poker when you get big odds on the rver.