Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Another AA hand **yawn**

I like preflop and flop, I'd bet 250 on the turn but I see why you bet 125 and don't really hate it, and I think the river is great!

I think bones's line is g00t as well, actually, and I've played it like this before as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really bet more on the flop and turn. You'll get usually nice action with that board even with ~pot-sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we want action on this board?

[ QUOTE ]

And I think aces are the best hand here often enough to bet on river. This was a $33? It's really rare to see someone slowplay a hand that beats you all the way till river, and the villain limped too so it's more unlikely he has you beat on flop. OOP I check too though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree its rare to see someone slowplay all the way to the river here with a better hand, but if we bet on the river what does he call with that we beat? K10?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do we want action on this board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, lots of scary cards to come. But lot's of hands are paying here more than t125 (like any hand with ten in it) and I don't mind getting paid more.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree its rare to see someone slowplay all the way to the river here with a better hand, but if we bet on the river what does he call with that we beat? K10?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, not much calls with a hand that we got beat. KT for sure and some other Kx, maybe Qx too. Still I think it's worth a shot to value bet.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's true, not much calls with a hand that we got beat. KT for sure and some other Kx, maybe Qx too. Still I think it's worth a shot to value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do when you're reraised?

Anyway, I would think at this stage, by the weak betting I've made, a better hand would likely have c/r me on the turn. I was thinking I should value bet here, bah.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:52 PM

This is the most interesting question that's been asked I think.

It's really weird because unless you know this, the turn weak bet will get HERO into trouble sometimes. If you put him on a pair and a draw you bet more, but when you bet small you're assuming villian is strong, so if you get check raised and you're right, you can fold. BUUUUTTTTT by betting small you're portraying weakness, so you could get check raised here and have to fold, which would suck when villian holds K10.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:55 PM

I'm calling if I bet with so little left. My hat off to villain if he has me beat, that would be just too weird line for me. Had he raised preflop I'd check the river after him.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling if I bet with so little left. My hat off to villain if he has me beat, that would be just too weird line for me. Had he raised preflop I'd check the river after him.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that makes no sense.