Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Most insane deep stack live poker hand I\'ve witnessed

So tonight I decide to play in a .5/1 NL game that later rose to 1/2 NL. Stacks were ranging from 100 to 500 at the very beginning, and this was easily the toughest table I've ever been a part of (and I'm still trying to learn this NL thing, so hell why not face this lineup [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

In seat one is a regular nlhe 2+2 contributor, very solid
In seat two is a 10/20 nlhe player on stars
Seat three and four both play the highest games on Bodog, one focusing on NLHE and the other all over the place. Both incredibly good and unpredictable.
Seat five, me. I play 5/10 limit. I am the live one :O
Seat six, another huge tourney and cash games player on stars and other sites.

So, play becomes fourhanded at around 4AM after I was knocked out with AK vs. 88 as a shortstack, and seat six was knocked out in a hand where his 4s2s lost to Kc4c on a 2c4xQc and the money got in on the flop. Pretty crazy pot, that was.

We are in our last orbit, and I feel like dealing so I offer to take the spot of the guy who'd been working the table damn near the whole night. I almost felt bad for the guy as dealing for that long must have been mind numbing, but he left with more money than I did so maybe I should reasses this whole dealing thing in this game, since I'm the fish :O

Anyways, Seat 4 and Seat 2 are going at it and decide to just shove blind preflop and such because they love to gamb00l. one such hand involved seat 4 doubling through seat 2 with 97 vs. 73 all in preflop.

Mind you, the stacks are deep. Effective stacks are about 700, with the blinds being 1-2.

Seat 4 open pushes blind for $180 with 84o, which is notorious and nicknamed after the player in seat one. Seat one thinks for about five seconds and cold calls the $180 bet with QQ, and about 700 or so behind.

Seat 2 picks up aces and min-reraises with his 600'ish stack in a mannerism that suggests "okay, let's gamble", and seat 3 picks up the other two aces and pushes for about 1.8k.

With the stacks being this deep seat 1 thought for a long while before folding his queens, but later it was pretty much assumed that you probably ought to fold KK there in an instance as well.

720 or so in the main pot (at 1/2 NL)
Seat 2: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 3: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 4: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop comes KQ4. Ouch for Seat 1, but what can you do?
Turn comes 4. Seat 4 drags the entire main pot with the aces drawing dead and chopping the side pot.

I don't think I'll ever see anything quite like that again, especially since I dealt the damn hand. Seat 4 was nice enough to tip me a good deal [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So yeah, if you can think of a hand like this, feel free to post it.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Most insane deep stack live poker hand I\'ve witnessed

I've had the opposite happen to me back when party's highest NL room was NL200 (like 2 or 3 years ago). I was taking a shot, table was absolutely insane. The regulars were simply throwing all in regularly with anything decent trying to build a big stack to later make huge money in giant pots. There were two girls who pretty obviously didn't know how to play and got lucky a few times to build decent stacks. I had won a couple medium sized pots with solid hands, putting my stack at 350. At this time $350 meant alot to me and was a considerable part of my brankroll, which was only suited for NL25.

Girl UTG raises all in preflop for like $800 with 43o, girl in UTG+1 with $400 or so calls with 47o, folded to me on the button who looks down to see AA. I obviously call. Flop comes 44K, non-A turn and river and they split my $350. I was in shock, but I think this is what started me playing within my bankroll, so perhaps a good thing in the long run.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 PM

Dude I would like to fly down to GA to play this game. You think I'm kidding?
Old 12-17-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I would like to fly down to GA to play this game. You think I'm kidding?

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand, this was how it was for only about the last 15 minutes of a 6 hour session.

Still insane, though. If you ever get down to UGA give me a holler, you probably know half the people in the game last night through online.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 AM

No no, I mean it would be sweet to play a 500BB NL game. Not that it would be a great game. But it would be fun.

I would make the trip just for fun, I don't accidently end up in places like Georgia. Although last spring break I spent a few days there...lame. It took forever to find the damn beach. Georgia beaches suck. Sorry.