Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: 67s - 100NL - i probably play bad

[ QUOTE ]

So, dunno. It's easy to say "push" but I'm not sure I believe it myself. Someone, convince me plz. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have room to manuver this is not a standard push for me. However with the large bet in this case you really cant call and see what happens on the turn.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:44 PM

Actually having villain see this line is great for meta game purposes (think about it for a minute).

DISCLAIMER -- I am talking about NL $200 and higher, not Party NL $25.

OP --- Sorry about the partial hi-jack, but I am fascinated by this line.....
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 PM

ok i wont tell you to fold pre BUT dont call. move him in ur even w/ his likely overpair and have some fold equity.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well said. What is your line if the river bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he flat calls the turn he'll have about $35 left, i doubt he'll fold if i bet his last $35 on the river. on the other hand, i don't see why he'd flat call the turn at all... i'd probably c/f a bricked river, and then i'd cry because of how bad i played the hand.

thinking about that situation makes it obvious that a push on the flop is the only way to go, correct?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he flat calls the turn he'll have about $35 left, i doubt he'll fold if i bet his last $35 on the river. on the other hand, i don't see why he'd flat call the turn at all... i'd probably c/f a bricked river, and then i'd cry because of how bad i played the hand.

thinking about that situation makes it obvious that a push on the flop is the only way to go, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy flop push at these stakes, period.

We were talking about at higher stakes, theoretically, how to handle a river with say one or two psb's left. I advcoate c/f, but as I said earlier, I doubt villain every bets a river here when you check, if he does, and you feel feisty, c/r all in might be super ballsy (and awesome?).
Old 12-15-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Without 100 or 200 bb's behind, a push is correct.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I advcoate c/f, but as I said earlier, I doubt villain every bets a river here when you check, if he does, and you feel feisty, c/r all in might be super ballsy (and awesome?).

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r'ing the river AI would complete possibly the strangest line i can think of... if someone took that line against me, i'd be scratching my head for days...

brilliant if it works, donk if it doesnt.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I advcoate c/f, but as I said earlier, I doubt villain every bets a river here when you check, if he does, and you feel feisty, c/r all in might be super ballsy (and awesome?).

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r'ing the river AI would complete possibly the strangest line i can think of... if someone took that line against me, i'd be scratching my head for days...

brilliant if it works, donk if it doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works if you are pushing $400 into a $250 pot. At SSNL levels, it is hari-kari with a dull sword.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:40 PM

well you should have folded preflop, but you already know that.

you should have pushed the flop, but you know that to (calling is only an option if you have position)

the turn is also a mistake. not necessarily that you bet, but your bet size. The pot is $70 and he has $75 behind... you won't fold to a raise, so if you're going to bet it needs to be a push. Since you still have a lot of equity i probably push instead of checking. Note how much better off you are 3-betting the flop instead of this.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well you should have folded preflop, but you already know that.

you should have pushed the flop, but you know that to (calling is only an option if you have position)

the turn is also a mistake. not necessarily that you bet, but your bet size. The pot is $70 and he has $75 behind... you won't fold to a raise, so if you're going to bet it needs to be a push. Since you still have a lot of equity i probably push instead of checking. Note how much better off you are 3-betting the flop instead of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize my turn bet was small - i believe villain respected my play a lot during the short time we'd played together. if there is one thing i do like, its the size of my turn bet.

calling his hefty flop raise and leading the turn screams strength - don't you think?