Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-11-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Custer Hand #4.. 66 Stop and.. Stop?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 5 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is N/A

Chip Counts:
Button: 1120 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 990 Chips</font>
BB: 3610 Chips
UTG: 2415 Chips
CO: 1865 Chips

Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="red">BB RAISES ($300)</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 675 Chips )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(2 players) TURN: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 675 Chips )

(2 players) RIVER: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 675 Chips )

Final Pot:675 Chips

With 5bb left, I'm shoving this flop virtually 100% of the time.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Custer Hand #4.. 66 Stop and.. Stop?

I was thinking to myself as I look at this hand -- this isn't a great hand for a S&amp;G.

Looks good
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 PM

Converter screwed this up again.. I assume hero was BB and raiser was UTG.

I think hero may be thinking that there's no FE against most hands here as basically every hand in villain's range either paired or made a draw here. I'm still pushing to charge overpair+gutshot.

Once villain checks flop, how can we not push turn?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:13 AM

I dunno, virtually all hands which Villain might have raised preflop can/will call this flop. Say Villain's raising range is 55+, A8s+, ATo+, KTs+, KJo+, QTs+, QJo....Villain can call with basically all cards in this range, and Hero's equity against it is 25%. Meanwhile the pot is only laying 2:1.

I would just fold preflop I think, is that insane?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Converter screwed this up again.. I assume hero was BB and raiser was UTG.

I think hero may be thinking that there's no FE against most hands here as basically every hand in villain's range either paired or made a draw here. I'm still pushing to charge overpair+gutshot.

Once villain checks flop, how can we not push turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, you're right it did, UTG raised, Hero was in BB. Stupid converter.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:21 AM

My thoughts are very much on the same line as Ilya. I would usually fold this hand PF. I've been experimenting with trying to see a few more flops in situations like these, where I have a short stack on the bubble. My general strategy when I have such a small stack at the 50-100 and 75-150 blind levels that I have very little FE is to try to get to flops where my small amount of chips have more FE. Like when I have &lt;400 chips at 50-100 and &lt;600 chips at 75-150. Particularly when the stacks behind you are fairly large, I've found that I have very little PF FE in these spots. But I've been very successful at using those same chips to steal pots on the flop, once my opponent(s) miss. So I've been playing around with taking this idea one step further, with a slightly greater amount of chips, like in the situation in this hand. Anyone ever thought about or tried this? Comments?

On the flop in this hand, I had planned to push most flops, but this one looked esp. bad. As long as my opponent had a reasonable raising hand, he wouldn't fold this flop unless he had precisely 77-99, and he might call those. So I checked. When he checked the flop, I figured he now would be even more likely to call with 77-99, didn't figure that he would now try to steal the pot with the worse hand after he passed on that opportunity on the flop, so I checked again. Should I have pushed the turn? maybe. I'm still not sure what I think. As to the river, this seems like an easy check the way the hand has developed.

moses
Old 12-12-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say Villain's raising range is 55+, A8s+, ATo+, KTs+, KJo+, QTs+, QJo....Villain can call with basically all cards in this range

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why this is true. If raiser missed the flop, why do you say that villain can call a bet on the flop?