Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 01:51 PM

Default KK vs a very tricky player

Unfortunatly during PT notes import it seemed it screwed up and wiped my playernotes!!!.

From memory UTG is VERY tricky, I mean stuff like:
3betting 58s preflop from BTN, Raising A2o UTG.

Raising turn HU With gutshots,
Raising/Capping flop with OESD HU.
Checking turn and C/R river with flopped 2pair. C/r a QQ3 flop W/22 on the turn out of position then betting the river(Vs KQo).

His stats reflect this i guess:70/40/1.25 over 156 hands. His stack fluctauted from around $40 to $180 at 1/2 in these 150hands.

So its pretty immpossible to put him on hands, Its also worrying to value bet into him or 3bet his raising as he could hold Sets, high card, 2pair ... anything.

How would you play this vs such a unpredictable/unreadable villan.

Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $1/$2 Stakes (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG raises, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises, Small blind folds, Big blind folds, UTG calls

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls

Turn: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG raises, Hero calls

River: (12.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: $26.25

Results not shown
Old 12-11-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: KK vs a very tricky player

He doesn't sound tricky, he sounds way too agro. I think you played it fine. I might pop the turn for one more though. If he leads into me on the river, I call.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Hi Pokher-

I think you played it fine. How often do you think he actually has a 3 or something better here, though? Seems to me this donk/3 bet on the turn is more likely to be a medium hand or draw than a monster, as the examples you gave of his play are all weak means strong.

Don't you think a turn flush draw plus maybe a pair of tens is inspiring his play here? Seems like JT, Tx clubs, or other pockets are more likely here than AA, TT, JJ or 3x. Given that fact, and given he's likely to lead the river anyway, how do you feel about capping the turn when he's more likely to be drawing and (maybe) getting a free showdown?
Old 12-11-2005, 02:32 PM

perfect.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:35 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

he's not tricky, he's an idiot. ur line is fine, but i might cap the turn.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:00 PM

I don't like capping the turn...because if he has garbage then he's just going to fold.
By calling the turn there you let him continue to entertain the idea that he can bluff you out or that his T is good or whatever.

Just because they are insane doesn't mean they are total idiots.
Capping the turn is likely to push him out when he's drawing dead and you don't induce another bet on the river.

Worthwhile thought?? Or is capping just the obvious choice here?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:06 PM

grunchy..

I am torn between 3-betting this turn and calling down. Based on what you say, the guy could have any two cards, and bet and raise with them. So he could have a 3, but I think more likely he has a J or T or perhaps the club draw. The more I think about it, I believe we missed some bets in this hand. Yeah, we should 3-bet this turn and bet/call the river.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:07 PM

he said he bets aggro with draws, so I think we need to get our bets in while we are ahead.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 PM

I like capping the turn here. He could easily have JT, or a pair + FD, even something AJ/KJ. If he leads the river after your cap then you can just call down.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like capping the turn...because if he has garbage then he's just going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the prior action, I think it's pretty likely he's going to showdown here, much less seeing a river.