Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 02:59 AM

Default BillUCF (I hope this is not in bad taste, if so I appologize)

I have read about political and marketing black-opps, people hired to write in forums on the internet posing as ordinary people. I have personally witnessed some obvious examples of this in the forums at Alternet.org, a left leaning independant media source (I post, from time to time with the same name as here).
I have never been suspicious that a 2+2er is an example of marketing or political black-opps, except with this particular poster. I think someone should investigate as it would be a shame if some group were advertising without paying this lovely site. And, if BillUCF is just some guy, I sincerly appoligize.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: BillUCF (I hope this is not in bad taste, if so I appologize)

Seen any of these flying around your house?

Old 12-10-2005, 05:02 AM

paranoid much? people tell ME ive been drinking too much kool-aid...
Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 AM

Well dude, I hope David and Mason and Ray read your post. It should now be clear to all that the 2+2 forum is now a huge agent of influence in american politics, capable of swaying elections across the country. So it is natural that these forums would become the battleground of practitioners of political black-ops. It is a tribute to 2+2 and the giant shadow it casts across the american political landscape. Pretty soon, instead of the usual talking heads, the Sunday spin shows will be interviewing David, Mason Ray and Ed, and the occasional 2+2 poster.

We have arrived.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and the occasional 2+2 poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that would make an interesting poll. Who would we pick?

And can't you just picture a couple of hard-hitting 2+2'ers going at it, ala "Crossfire," on national TV? Interrupted by the occasional PokerStars commercial? Or Chris F. in the fridge?

Maybe we should start putting together an outline and get ready to pitch it to the networks. Maybe make a buck or two.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 02:01 PM

Interesting what evidence did you see that has lead you to be suspicious of bill. I'll admit the thought did to occur to me after I read 2 specific posts but I guess I was too scared for lack of a better word to bring it up.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:47 PM

So are you saying that Bill was planted to make us more conservative, or liberal? Because it couldn't possibly be the former.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying that Bill was planted to make us more conservative, or liberal? Because it couldn't possibly be the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it could possibly be the latter, either.[ QUOTE ]

One fact that liberal minded people don't understand is that to create a free democracy the evil people in the world must be killed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 02:54 AM

The purpose of this type marketing or political messaging is not to go to the biggest places with the most influence but rather to seem grass-roots (although 2+2 is a heavily trafficed forum). But, from what I've seen of it on other forums it is really transparent and laregly ineffective. It seems to be based on the idea that the more yelling that is supporting one side, viewpoint or agenda, the more popular and credible it will become.

One of the things that led me to be suspicous was when he wrote something like 'you need the catchy titles to be read and responded to' (not exact quote). The reason this particularly got me thinking was that it was a very innocent thing to say and also it indicates motives other than just expression and discussion, namely the purpose for posting is to get as many reads as possible, while it also sounds like something some TQM supervisor might say at some meeting. And overestimating the intelligence of this particular type of influential tactic is really not a good idea.

But still, I don't know that he is posting for some group, and I'm not even sure that it is probable... but it does seem quite plausible and I am suspicous of it.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure that it is probable... but it does seem quite plausible and I am suspicous of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

tin foil hat time.