Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-08-2005, 10:16 AM

Default A turn and river dilemma (possibly boring)

So, I was playing Party 5/10 6max last night and this hand came up. I was 3-tabling while trying to get rid of a virus on my computer, so I wasn't paying that much attention, but I have almost 200 hands on this guy so I have some pretty decent reads.

He will SnG pairs (ex, K5 on T52 board), but not every time. He is not likely to 3bet 2-pair. He likes to donk many turns and rivers HU, but unlikely to donk on a coordinated board without something good. His PFR is 13, but he's not raising the top 13% of his hands. His PFR's seem to be rather sporadic and don't mean a whole lot (similarly, he limps some fairly strong hands). I have seen him bet with only a draw once or twice, but he doesn't do it often. He plays too many hands and needs to be value bet. He is capable of folding, but doesn't like to do it often. His stats (for those of you that are into that kind of thing ) are 47/13/1.3-ish. AF may be a little off as I'm just going by memory.

5/10 6-max (6-handed)on Party.

folded to SB who completes and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise, SB calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, I??
Old 12-08-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: A turn and river dilemma (possibly boring)

I raise/call.

How often does he steal? OL in sb makes you suspicious of a sneaky player.

HU a flush is possible, but I want a little more proof. I think he caught a piece of that board and thought his hand was good.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I was playing Party 5/10 6max last night and this hand came up. I was 3-tabling while trying to get rid of a virus on my computer, so I wasn't paying that much attention, but I have almost 200 hands on this guy so I have some pretty decent reads.

He will SnG pairs (ex, K5 on T52 board), but not every time. He is not likely to 3bet 2-pair. He likes to donk many turns and rivers HU, but unlikely to donk on a coordinated board without something good. His PFR is 13, but he's not raising the top 13% of his hands. His PFR's seem to be rather sporadic and don't mean a whole lot (similarly, he limps some fairly strong hands). I have seen him bet with only a draw once or twice, but he doesn't do it often. He plays too many hands and needs to be value bet. He is capable of folding, but doesn't like to do it often. His stats (for those of you that are into that kind of thing ) are 47/13/1.3-ish. AF may be a little off as I'm just going by memory.

5/10 6-max (6-handed)on Party.

folded to SB who completes and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, I raise, SB calls.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, I??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I call down here. It's possible he just has a pair, maybe a pair + flush draw. You could be dead to the flush, obviously, but I think his most likely holding is an A for the tie. Maybe even A + flush draw for a freeroll. You don't want to feed the rake if you're tied, but I think there's a good enough chance you're ahead that you can call down here.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The open-limp was a product of retardation and not trickiness. I don't think he has a very good handle on the SH game. He does not attempt to steal any more often than he'd normally raise and is not likely positionally aware.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:36 AM

Do you think he is free rolling you? Would he ever bet here with less than an ace?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think he is free rolling you? Would he ever bet here with less than an ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would almost always bet a 9/2pair/set here. He never bets less than 2 pair here. There's a very slim chance he bets J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He would almost always bet a 9/2pair/set here. He never bets less than 2 pair here. There's a very slim chance he bets J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then i think you have to raise. I would call a 3-bet see the river and go from there.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then i think you have to raise. I would call a 3-bet see the river and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong. I will elaborate once some more have shared their views/reasoning. Maybe somebody could even do some MATH!!!.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The open-limp was a product of retardation and not trickiness. I don't think he has a very good handle on the SH game. He does not attempt to steal any more often than he'd normally raise and is not likely positionally aware.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the type of player you are describing, I stick with my raise/call. I think it is profitable in the long run.

PS nice avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong. I will elaborate once some more have shared their views/reasoning. Maybe somebody could even do some MATH!!!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong on the raise or calling the 3-bet?