Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-07-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Semi-Embarrassing Questions

I know I should know this by now, but it never seemed to make much of a difference at the lower levels, if this is more a small stakes question just move it.. How do you guys (in full ring) get your preflop raise %'s up to 7 or so? When I had a quiet table at NL100 I could sometimes get it around 6 or 7 just stealing blinds all the time, but so far at NL200 I have not seen many quiet tables and my number is falling to below 4%.
I am assuming that a lot of the raising comes while in position, without raising much more than the big few from EP, but maybe this is where I am off. One thing I know I do wrong is I usually only raise the 9h8h type hands against at most 1 limper, I should probably be doing this more, in positioneven with 3 callers or so, correct?
Basically I kinda feel that I am getting into a rut where I am very readable at like 15/4ish, so my raises either mean I have a good hand or I am on the CO or Button and trying to steal/use position.
In your opinions, at what preflop raise # does a person go from being predictable (just your normal raising hands) to being harder to read without being crazy and putting yourself in constant tough spots.The one other thing I know I need to work on more, is raising to isolate the donators at the table, I tried this a lot more last night and was happy with the results.