Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 06:00 PM

Default ($109) KK - standard line and fold?

No reads sadly - this was only about the 3rd hand. I later found out Villain was a complete spacker, but oh well.

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 1 - 9 players (Converter: PGC)

MP2 is N/A

Chip Counts:
Button: 1010 Chips
SB: 925 Chips
BB: 1135 Chips
UTG: 840 Chips
UTG+1: 1320 Chips
MP1: 1960 Chips
MP2: 835 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1000 Chips</font>
CO: 975 Chips

Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 10/15

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES ($55)</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($155)</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 335 Chips )
<font color="green">MP2 checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS ($165)</font>
MP2 is All-In, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:1180 Chips
Old 12-06-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: ($109) KK - standard line and fold?

cant imagine calling here. fairly drawless board (JT has a double gutshot), readless, I can't call with KK here.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:02 PM

That sucks. I don't see any other way to play it though.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 PM

I really considered checking through to the turn, but the problem then is he can move me off with air, as I haven't shown strength after the pf raise. I think the fold to the push is almost mandatory, but I'm wondering if I should have raised more pf, or checked through the flop, that's the main thing.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 PM

I'm pretty sure i play this the exact same way. bet sizes and all.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really considered checking through to the turn, but the problem then is he can move me off with air, as I haven't shown strength after the pf raise. I think the fold to the push is almost mandatory, but I'm wondering if I should have raised more pf, or checked through the flop, that's the main thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i often check behind on the flop and call a bet on the turn (and fold the river). if he bets twice with 66 or spikes some kind of draw, more pore power to him.

your line is fine too though.

and what's a spacker?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:08 PM

Sorry, it's just a British slang term, it means donk, in not such nice terms.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:08 PM

On the pf action, your raise gives him 2.1:1 to call.

I've never actually thought about this specific line before, but I think a bigger raise may make sense here since you are intentionally trying to get him to muck a hand like AQ/AK.

I'm not too familiar with play at the 109s, but would a player raise AQ from that position?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:10 PM

This player was such a moron he'd probably have raised A4o, but yeah, most would raise AQ there. However, most would make it more than t55.

And, to be honest, I really want AQ and AK to call, it's just when the ace flops that it sucks, and that's only what, 30% of the time? When they spike a Q or K, I get their stack a huge percentage of the time (allowing for suckouts).
Old 12-06-2005, 06:13 PM

Putting aside the donkness of this individual, I'm still interested in the potential for a bigger re-raise preflop with KK.

With four left to act, and then the original bettor, why not pop this for more... say 225?

Personally, I know post-flop play isn't the strongest part of my game, so I wouldn't mind taking this down right here. Do you feel you extract more value (over long-term of course) by getting a caller for 155?