Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Another weird one

10/20 live. Folded to MP, a LAG of the 60/25 variety, who never practices handreading and appears to not practice thought during hands. He LRR'd me earlier when I raised him and another limper, but folded the turn on a K987 board (I 4-bet preflop). He's an oldtimer (probably 60-65) and it's not clear what he thinks of me. Earlier I isoraised him with T6s and had to show down, but I turned a flush. So my image, while I've been folding a lot, may not be squeaky-clean.

Anyway, folded to him. He raises. I 3-bet A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO. Folded back to him. He caps. He hasn't done this yet from what I recall.

The flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks. I check.

The turn is the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets. I call. I'm strongly considering looking him up on a blank river.

The river is the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks and I bet (duh)...

Rob
Old 12-03-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Another weird one

Looks standard. Take the free flop card, no reason to raise the turn, bet the nuts on the river.

If you don't river a flush, I don't see a big problem with looking him up. A pair of tens is good often enough.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the turn is the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bet. I call. I'm strongly considering looking him up...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like that. Most old timers if you call them once they'll give up on AK and that's about the only hand in his range you're ahead of. If he's old and unimaginative I think he has a pretty big hand.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:24 AM

Seems standard to me, and I echo PJ's comments about looking him up with a blank river (acknowledging Goofball's comments about the possible strength of his hand).
Old 12-03-2005, 09:14 AM

I bet this flop. River call on a blank is easy also I think. I don't see what your worried about here.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-03-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this flop. River call on a blank is easy also I think. I don't see what your worried about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you guys betting this flop?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:03 PM

That's a flop to my liking and I want to bet it. Your description doesn't give him credit for being sneaky so I think a turn raise is worth consideration too.