Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: QQ Turn Play

[ QUOTE ]
Im bet/calling this and seeing a SD

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I can't see how we would fold to a C/R here unless opp. was extremely passive.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM

I think that if we can't fold to the c/r, I'd rather check here. The pot is fairly small, so giving our villain a free card is not going to be a huge mistake. It's possible he has a flush draw, but other than that, only K9 has more than 3 outs against us.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:47 PM

If we bet and get check/raised, the pot will be 7 BB with a decision to us. Including a river bet, we will be getting 4:1 (8:2) to call down, and I think that we're ahead way more than 25% of the time. I see passive players go nuts on paired boards all the time, both online and live.

In fact, I was about to make the same type of laydown at a live 5/10 game against a guy who never raised unless he had 2-pair or better, and he raised me on the turn with a 6 on a 644 board. The boards aren't similar, but that was just an example of passive players going nuts on a paired board.

I think we're ahead here, and that villain will call way too often to miss a turn bet here.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:40 PM

I know some people are advocating a bet/fold to re-raise approach, but I am not sure that is a good strategy. If I were going to bluff at this pot it would be by check-raising the turn to represent an ace. With only 60 hands and such a high perecentage of hands being played it is hard to get a sense of their aggression in situations when the board pairs like this. In fact, if I knew you were a typicaly TAG in the game I would strongly consider check-raising you on the turn with nothing, and folding to a three bet.

I would bet, specifically because it is a drawing board, and hope that the guy who has been playing a lot of hands doesn't have the Ace. But I think you are committed once the bet goes in the pot to call down in this situation.

-k_squared
Old 12-02-2005, 04:04 PM

bet/call and call a river bet. i think checking here is a HUGE mistake.