Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-23-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: AQo, MP, $55, Level 2

[ QUOTE ]
Raises pot for when your Q or A hits

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this reasoning, every hand you ever play should be raised.

[ QUOTE ]
and you find out if he has a 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. Depending on how aggressive/tricky the opponent is, you'll either get raised by a T, spades, the other card on the board (which I don't remember offhand), or air. You'll also get called by the same range.

If you're going to consistently c-bet, you should really understand the reasons why you're doing it.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he would come alive on the turn with an underpair though when it was just the card he'd hate to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he knows that most people c-bet with an ace on the flop, and if you have one you'll let him know. He figures he's good.

This is why you play the hand the way you did... to be able to extract the max on the end.

Irieguy
Old 11-23-2005, 07:17 PM

My first thought was we're winning, lets get a few more chips and perhaps raising the river is indeed better.

I don't know about getting all the chips from a weak ace though. If you raise and end up getting all your chips in on the river I suspect you will lose a lot of the time.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to consistently c-bet, you should really understand the reasons why you're doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, any suggestions of a helpful thread?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:23 PM

I believe by checking the flop your telling yourself that you are calling and not raising on the turn if you hit. Saying that I believe you are also stating that you are raising if he bets the river. This was my original thought process, however what should be the raise amount. Also, how do you proceed if he goes over the top on the river. My gut says yo have to give it to him.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 PM

This may be minor, but dont you want to raise a little more pre flop with one limper?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This may be minor, but dont you want to raise a little more pre flop with one limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I often raise t120 here, I just thought I'd do t90 here, no real thought process behind it.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he would come alive on the turn with an underpair though when it was just the card he'd hate to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he knows that most people c-bet with an ace on the flop, and if you have one you'll let him know. He figures he's good.

This is why you play the hand the way you did... to be able to extract the max on the end.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, a very good point. I think I should have raised the river.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:47 PM

i have no problem here except for the river. if you raise will your opponent call with a weaker ace? i understand why you played the way you did, since you dont want to get reraised for a ton of chips, since only a T here is playing strongly on the river given the way this was played.

as far as the flop is concerned i have no problem at all with your line. it is easy to say you should bet and maybe you should but if he has zero then you arent getting a call and if he has a pair of some sort you probably get checkraised or a fold. you dont want to turn down a free card here.

Pat