Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-23-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: To absolute players

Absolute Skins

Here's what you have to do when you get to showdown: wait for the hand to complete and the next one to be dealt, then click on the "R" button in the upper left hand corner. It will pop up a display screen that shows the final board, your hand, any shown down hands, and any hands mucked at showdown...as long as you were still in the hand at showdown.

Edit: Darnit Wookie, you are too speedy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced that someone who is crushing Party, etc for 3bb/100 would be a 1bb/100 player at Absolute (full ring). I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you somewhat right with this assumption.

Somewhat being a player whom nutpeddles their way to a 3bb/100 on Party sites will definitely see a significant drop in their winrate at Absolute.

However a solid player who can adjust to the tighter players and tables can probably win about the same. Becuase the competition isnt THAT much better, its just that much tighter becuase most of them are also former party nutpeddlers.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That sucks. Cause the Abs 3/6 6max games are pretty soft. I also estimate 0.9 BB/100 from R***k and 1.1 BB/100 from bonus. Try to beat that.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 PM

My .02/.04 big blind...

Absolute 6-max...yes, it's softer than Absolute full ring, but it is in no way even close to as soft as Stars, Party, or UB. My PT stats show the Absolute 6-maxers at 39/10.5, and the others at a combined 45/9.5. That's a significant difference in VPIP, isn't it?

The typical 6-max table is one or two loose players, and the rest a combination of TAGs and rocks draining the loosey of cash. (If the loosey is a LAG, the rocks also fold to him often enough to keep him in cash a while longer.) When the fish is dead, the table breaks up. Rinse and repeat.

Adding to the problem: Absolute's default buy-in is too low. All too often, fish lose their $20 at 1/2 and they leave, leaving you with the rocks and TAGs.

It's very beatable, but not nearly at the rate Stars or Party are.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A nice feature of Absolute is that there are 9 chairs at a 6 max table, so it's much easier to position yourself where you wish in respect to a particular player or set of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abs full is 9max and 6max is 9 chairs.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 PM

I got killed at 1/2. At .5/1 the pot will never get big enough for a "raked hand". So I moved to .5/1 6-max.

The 6-max games there I found very profitable. Clearing 10x bonii though is really a long painful process.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:52 PM

Oh man, i just found another pethate about this place.

It seems the client SETS FOCUS every 1second or maybe faster. Meaning when trying to type into AIM or IE(Post here) you cant!!!

Now this may be good, as it means i cant chat whilst i play so i focus... But grrrr!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played about 10k hands of .5/1 6max at Absolute and I'll admit I'm actually about 15 BBs in the hole. Much of this is variance caused by the few fish turning into card-magnets when I'm involved with them in a hand, but the aggression level is way higher than what I've encoutered at other sites. I probably get check-raised on the turn more in one session at Absolute than I do in a month at Party.

It's a fun site that definitely helps develop one's game, but I doubt I'll keep it as a home base. The bonuses and rakeback are nice, but I get tired of playing at tables that look like: smiley face, taz, taz, fish, smiley face, me. Also I get tired of a "good" table featuring 5bb average pots.

I've also played some full ring there and done pretty well, but yeah it's not a lot of fun playing 3 tables the loosest of which is 25% VPIP.

I fear that the recent upgrade allowing more than 3 tables is going to be a movement in the wrong direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have been playing 2/4 there and it is very aggressive. I even get check raised by the fish. Maybe late at night is better, weekends are decent, but I play Monday thru Friday and I play against the same tags every night.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That sucks. Cause the Abs 3/6 6max games are pretty soft. I also estimate 0.9 BB/100 from R***k and 1.1 BB/100 from bonus. Try to beat that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the 3/6 6max games there are nice, as are the 2/4 and 5/10
Old 11-25-2005, 02:11 AM

1/2 6max on Absolute is where I learned 6max and is a gold mine. I guess you are still playing .5/1 though?

I also cannot win at those full tables, though I didn't try for very long.