Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Did I overplay QQ?

You'll still get called by lots of hands that you beat on the turn especially against weak competition and on a draw heavy board.

If you'd like to explain why you think raising all in on the flop is +EV but all-in on the turn is -EV I'd be interested to hear.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll still get called by lots of hands that you beat on the turn especially against weak competition and on a draw heavy board.

If you'd like to explain why you think raising all in on the flop is +EV but all-in on the turn is -EV I'd be interested to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

you chase off draw-ers.... ?no?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, i'm assuming, by your sarcastic tone, that you think it's obvious i'm "uneducated" about EV.. Ok that's fine, but instead of making a lame sarcastic comment, JUST EXPLAIN WHY IT'S NOT +EV!!!!! DONT WASTE a post making a sarcastic comment... it serves no purpose on a forum that's supposed to be educational... sarcasm on this board is friggin annoying... friggin wise guy... get off your high horse and learn to discuss with people, in a MATURE way your opinions and views... I'll listen... and possibly stand corrected... But that's no way to hold a discussion... even if i am dead wrong... THan correct me... but seriously... don't be a smart mouth... it's pointless...
Old 11-23-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you chase off draw-ers.... ?no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming he's gonna go all in no matter what... If the move was to go all in, i'd think it's more +EV to go all in on the flop than on the turn... assuming he decided to choose either/or... of course, the 9 could mean nothing, so EV could remain the same (even if negative)...

BUt usually, as the board is lower, the % of calling hands goes down... and the 9 only increases the possibility of something he might have (it's higher)...

?no? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, i'm assuming, by your sarcastic tone, that you think it's obvious i'm "uneducated" about EV.. Ok that's fine, but instead of making a lame sarcastic comment, JUST EXPLAIN WHY IT'S NOT +EV!!!!! DONT WASTE a post making a sarcastic comment... it serves no purpose on a forum that's supposed to be educational... sarcasm on this board is friggin annoying... friggin wise guy... get off your high horse and learn to discuss with people, in a MATURE way your opinions and views... I'll listen... and possibly stand corrected... But that's no way to hold a discussion... even if i am dead wrong... THan correct me... but seriously... don't be a smart mouth... it's pointless...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a bit on tilt... i'll view my/your comments again after tomorrow and maybe delete this... maybe i'm short-tempered tonite....
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a bit on tilt... i'll view my/your comments again after tomorrow and maybe delete this... maybe i'm short-tempered tonite....

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe.. i've noticed that you've been replying to your own posts throughout the night before anyone else can reply with an answer.. feeling ok? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe.. i've noticed that you've been replying to your own posts throughout the night before anyone else can reply with an answer.. feeling ok? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I re-read what i've written... and realize i have something else to add... is that ok??
Old 11-23-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I re-read what i've written... and realize i have something else to add... is that ok??

[/ QUOTE ]

YES ITS OK.. jeesh... attitude...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GOLLUMM!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GOLLUMM!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha.. ty for that.. i needed a laugh after the 13 hour work day