Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM

Default 5/10 Kinda deep vs Manuekhaz

Manu is very laggy preflop yet plays decent-to-bad(on the weak side) postflop. His image of me is laggy: I play back at him a lot on all streets. But he never really does anything about it.

I was hoping Manu would 3bet the flop so I could get our stacks in there but that didn't work. Also, do you play the flop differently? Probably the same right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Hero ($1962.75)
SB ($1012)
BB/Manuekhaz($1912.06)
UTG ($287)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB/Manuekhaz raises to $90</font>, Hero calls $60.

Flop: ($205) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB/Manuekhaz bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $600</font>, BB/Manuekhaz immediately calls $450.

Turn: ($1405) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

BB/Manuekhaz checks.

Peel one off or shove?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Kinda deep vs Manuekhaz

I like a push here.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:09 PM

Shove it If you think Villain is laying down his JJ or QQ. Its hard for villain to put you on AK here. What would you raise that flop with?

I dont mind pushing the flop, but as you mentioned, u guys are a bit deep for that.

As played,Peel one off.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:31 PM

vs Manukheaz I am taking a freecard here. Hes not going to fold in pot that big and he is often going to pay you off on the river if you hit 2pair+. So check get there and kill him on the river I think.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vs Manukheaz I am taking a freecard here. Hes not going to fold in pot that big and he is often going to pay you off on the river if you hit 2pair+. So check get there and kill him on the river I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think so? I tend to bully Manu around a lot. He folds way too much to me but maybe I've just ran lucky against him. That K is an interesting card though.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think so? I tend to bully Manu around a lot. He folds way too much to me but maybe I've just ran lucky against him. That K is an interesting card though.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, the K is a blank.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM

What do you do on the turn, Bobbo?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do on the turn, Bobbo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know the opponent, I play much less party then everyone else, but if he thinks the K is a scare card, fire in the hole!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM

I like a push. If he had a hand that he wanted to get all in he would have gotten all in on the flop. He looks like he likes his hand but he wants you to slow down. If he was looking for a blank turn, he got it and should now shove to shut down your draw. The fact that he is letting you draw for free rather than shutting you out means that he cannot be happy getting it all in here. So you should push. He will certainly fold plenty to make it profitable since even when called you have tons of equity. You don't need him to fold that often, and I think he folds fairly often here. Honestly, this looks like a +EV shove with complete air here. So with all your equity, it must be +EV to push.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM

He folds too much but once he calls a raise on the flop he generally isn't going away. Peel one off and see a rover. I've see him get all-in with 99 type hand so fold equity is minimal.