Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-22-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Blind Play (3 Hands)

Hand 1: I think it was my first orbit, but I had #'s on both villians...Statistically CO had solid TAG #'s but I hadnt seen him do anything special postflop. UTG was pretty bad(45/1/.6 kinda guy).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

I've never prided myself on my blind play, but I assume this is a standard call...ya?

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Hand 2: Villian was "that guy", always talking about suckouts and whatnot...I think he was having an ongoing discussion with another dude about the WSOP...sounded like a complete tool. His stats were like 35/9/2.00

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO...

Whats the best line?

Hand 3: Villian was like 30/0/.5 IIRC...hadnt seen him do anything worth mentioning...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Sometimes I raise, sometimes I check...

Flop: (2 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Standard? If I have the best hand I'm way ahead, and the pots tiny...you know

Turn: (2 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, HERO...

What do you think?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Blind Play (3 Hands)

Hand 1 I think I 3-bet PF and lead flop. Easy flop c/r the way you played it.

Hand 2 I c/r flop and take it from there

Hand 3 I check turn and call a river bet or bet if checked to.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:10 PM

Interesting hands. I'll go first so I can be wrong and everyone can tell me that I suck.

Hand 1. I call this at 6max, I'm not so sure about full ring. Anyway, I think that the flop play is great. Obviously you follow up on the turn. What do you do if he 3 bets the flop?

Hand 2. I hate 2 pair on a board like this. It seeme that every turn is the fecking King. And knowing my luck he has AK. So I check-call the flop and checkraise the turn.

Hand 3. I'm pretty sure you're splitting here. Check behind and call the river. Or not. The pot is tiny.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1, I could see folding depending on this guy's numbers. I could see calling only if the BB is loose. If I call, it's because I expect more multiway action. I could also see 3betting if this guy is a rampant stealer and isolator, especially one who'll give up on the easily flop if he whiffs. As you played it, I agree w/ TME. Easy c/r.

Hand 3: I def. bet the turn I don't want to give a free card to a gutshot.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:52 PM

grunch....

hand 1: yah pre-flop is standard. You mean call vs raise? You can't consider mucking...
On the flop, I'm torn between bet/call and check/raise. At least with the c/r we can safely fold to a 3-bet. At the same time, we don't want to give overcards a free turn card. If this is the kind of standard villain that auto-continues his overcards, then c/r is perky. The bet/call sucks because his raise may only be positional and for a free card. 3-betting is spewing, I think.

hand 2: check/raise fo' sho.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM

hand 3: based on the turn, I believe you are crushing him. I don't think any value bet will keep him in tho, so check to induce a bluff on the river. Actually, you are chopping if he has a weak Q. Raising his bluff on the river could make him fold so you get the entire pot. I think this is worth checking the turn. This is based on the read of "nothing worth mentioning."
Old 11-22-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of the 3 options, I felt that 3betting PF was the worst, because the UTG limper would have no problem calling two, setting up a potentially [censored] situation on the flop OOP.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Hand #1 - probably 3-bet PF. Nice flop C/R.
Hand #2 - options galore. I'd probably just bet/3bet since you're getting raised so frequently.
Hand #3 - This is not a set-up. A weak player bets the flop and checks the turn with a good hand almost never, so I bet. I think he'll call a turn bet more often than he'll bluff the river after you check the turn.