Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Flying and Sneezing, any advice?

Due to some recent changes in my life, I find myself flying a relative ton. I'm flying every other weekend a round trip, if that matters.

However, I'm flying in flu season, and often, and I'm winding up feeling like death for the last month or so. Anyone have any good advice, or [censored] I should load up on before flying?

I've already decided against the method of "anyone who coughs or sneezes, I kill."

c
Old 11-16-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Flying and Sneezing, any advice?

[ QUOTE ]
Due to some recent changes in my life, I find myself flying a relative ton. I'm flying every other weekend a round trip, if that matters.

However, I'm flying in flu season, and often, and I'm winding up feeling like death for the last month or so. Anyone have any good advice, or [censored] I should load up on before flying?

I've already decided against the method of "anyone who coughs or sneezes, I kill."

c

[/ QUOTE ]

vitamins, some zinc, fluids, good sleep, good eating habits...in sum the healthier you are the better you'll able to fight off the germs you can't avoid...pretty obvious of course, but i think you'll see the effects if you really make an effort....
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Raw garlic
Old 11-16-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raw garlic

[/ QUOTE ]

i was sorta thinking of taking up projectile vommiting. i figure that keeps people away.

c
Old 11-16-2005, 03:20 PM

Try Airborne. A lot of people swear by it. I've taken it a few times and haven't caught a cold after flying those times, fwiw.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try Airborne. A lot of people swear by it. I've taken it a few times and haven't caught a cold after flying those times, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Though it's really expensive (it's like 9 bucks for ten tablets, take 1 tablet every half hour you are around sick people or in a crowded plane). When I was in airports/planes for 24 hours I took one at the beginning of the flight and one at the end and didn't get sick *shrug*.

The other thing I often do is ingest lots of Vitamin C and water before flying. This can either be done in the form of orange juice or vitamin C tablets and water.

My parents are crazy and wear doctor's masks. They say it helps a lot (until they started doing this my mom would invariably get sick every single time she got on a plane) but... they're wearing doctor's masks.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM

My plan is to buy these, and then take them, and OJ, before flying this weekend.

If they're as good at the vodka you recommend, I'll be a happy guy.

c