Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: AI: After Iraq?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer if people actually answer the question. What should be done about terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why theweatherman is right and you are part of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brutal way to say it, but I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the first thing I thought of when I read this thread is BCPVP is "part of the problem"

yeah BCPVP, the nerve of you to ask a question in which you wanted a discus possible opinions and or military strategies.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer if people actually answer the question. What should be done about terrorism?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why theweatherman is right and you are part of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brutal way to say it, but I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the first thing I thought of when I read this thread is BCPVP is "part of the problem"

yeah BCPVP, the nerve of you to ask a question in which you wanted a discus possible opinions and or military strategies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem, is that so much money and brain power is put into how to combat this militarily, when there is no military solution. Terrorism is a state of mind, it is a cultural, psychological battle; not a military one.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:51 PM

Are you asking what we should do or what we are likely to do? These are really two different questions.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the problem, is that so much money and brain power is put into how to combat this militarily, when there is no military solution. Terrorism is a state of mind, it is a cultural, psychological battle; not a military one.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you agree with theweatherman that "nothing" should be done?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. The US used to have something called 'soft power'. For instance, in Communist Russia, people used to spend two months salary for a pair of Levi's. Many Saudi and Iranian youths long for a western way of life, free from religous oppression.

But we decided to act like assholes and attack a country that never did anything to harm Americans. Now, we need to change our regime.

Terrorists arent born, they are bred. The current crop of terrorists was bred by the CIA in the 1980's to fight the Russians in Afganistan. The next crop is being bred in Iraq. What would you do if your Dad was anally raped in an American Prison.

We are holding 13,000 Iraqis in jail, only 2 percent of whom have been convicted of a crime. Way to win the hearts and minds.

We need to stop torturing and stop invading countries for no reason, the power of our superior culture will do the rest.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't want to discuss it. He wants his opinions and thoughts on the matter to be validated.

But OK, I'll bite. How about treating it as a crime and not a war?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you agree with theweatherman that "nothing" should be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, far from it. I am not a pacifist, I i.e. supported the invasion in Afghanistan; but I think the main effort should be non-military.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you do if your Dad was anally raped in an American Prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I would go kill a bunch of innocent strangers. Probably some of my fellow Iraqis. That's the only conceivable response.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What would you do if your Dad was anally raped in an American Prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I would go kill a bunch of innocent strangers. Probably some of my fellow Iraqis. That's the only conceivable response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a strange response. You know, attacks on American military forces have increased from 200 per day after the invasion to 500 per day in october.

You are really buying into the faux news propaganda...try to be a free thinker for a change. If it doesnt make sense, its probobly not true.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are really buying into the faux news propaganda...try to be a free thinker for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to assume that by "free thinker" you mean assuming that everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot who drools over Bill O'Reilly and ignoring the rules of spelling, capitalization, and punctuation? No thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, attacks on American military forces have increased from 200 per day after the invasion to 500 per day in october.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we were talking about terrorists. Don't you guys like to call people who attack our troops "insurgents" or "freedom fighters"? In any case, I'm more concerned about the people who are setting off bombs in Amman hotels, or blowing up car bombs in Baghdad. People attacking US soldiers is a temporary problem that will end when US soldiers leave. I don't think the former category can be reasonably attributed to prison rape alone.