Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:19 PM

Default 5/10 6-max stats check please

I have always been a mediocre 5/10 6-max player, hovering around 0.75BB/100 for the past 2 years. I have never really made a concerted effort to get better because I wans't really losing, but I think it's time for me to get motivated and start looking for areas to improve on. So, on that note I would appreciate some feed back on my stats.

I keep my PT database by month because I find that when it gets too big it slows down my computer. So what you see below is only for October. October happened to be a typical bad month for me which is the reason why I picked it for review.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look.

On a side note, is there a way to combine previous months' databases into one so that I can get a larger sample? So if I can quickly do that, I would combine databases for all my previous months, get the stats, and post the results for the entire year and just delete that database after I'm done.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 5/10 6-max stats check please

WTSD too low for your VPIP, folded to river bet too high. Turn aggression a little high imo.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:46 PM

There's been a trend in all these "I'm been running bad here are my stats" threads. Either their WTSD is low because they're running bad or they're running bad because their WTSD is low.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTSD too low for your VPIP, folded to river bet too high. Turn aggression a little high imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be a good WTSD% for my VPIP of 22.7%?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think WTSD should be for a VPIP of 22? What would you say it should be for a VPIP of 27?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 PM

It's been less than an hour since I posted this so there probably will be more feedbacks coming, but so far, it seems you guys are saying my WTSD is too low for my VPIP.

I wonder what kind of river calls I should be making. I mean, it seems I already made many questionable river calls, that if I were to call more rivers than I already did, I feel like my win rate would be lower... I don't know, I'm saying this without any specific exmaples and just thinking back to how I ran towards the last 3 weeks of October.

I do agree with you guys tho, that my WTSD does seem low compared to some of the other stats I've seen here. So, does this simply mean that I ran bad and there's really nothing to fix? I gotta think there's something wrong here, I mean, it just doesn't seem right to blame it all on bad luck.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 PM

is -1.1BB/100 solid for the SB? It seems high to me.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:20 PM

Based on what ?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:32 PM

In my opinion if your VPIP is 22 then you are pretty tight preflop by anyone's standards which means your starting hand is generally pretty strong (stronger than a VPIP 30). Thus you should go to showdown slightly more than a vpip 30. I think for a VPIP 22 a WTSD in the 35-39 range would be appropriate and with a higher VPIP it should decrease slightly (just a guess but 1% lower WTSD for ever 4 or 5% higher VPIP). What do you guys think?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is -1.1BB/100 solid for the SB? It seems high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That number is displayed in a unit of BB per hand, so -0.11 would translate to -11.0BB/100. You say too high... I guess you mean too high in magnitude on the negative side, thus too low, right?