Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:21 PM

Default AA raise turn

I don't really have any reads, nobody is out of line but they are not very good. SB's checkraise on the flop felt like a very strong hand like a set, two pair or a straigh, or a very good draw like flushdraw+pair, flush and straightdraw. When he 3bets the turn I'm done with the hand.
Standard, terrible, borderline?

Prima 2/4

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP1 limps, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds MP1 calls

Flop8 SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, button calls, SB raises, MP1 folds, Hero calls, button calls

Turn: (7 BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB bets, Hero raises, button calls, SB 3bets, Hero folds
Old 11-08-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: AA raise turn

Against two-pair, you could have a fair number of outs, so long as Button isn't slowplaying a straight (though the Button's more likely draw may make, for instance, the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] not an out for you).

You're getting a probable 15:1, and I think I'd see a river, even though it's entirely possible I'm drawing dead.

Earlier in the hand, I think I'd just 3-bet the flop.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 PM

I don't share your fears about the strength of SB's hand, but I do think this is a good time to wait for the turn anyhow. Not too sure about the fold though. It's possible he has only two pair, in which case I give you 7 outs (discounting one because the button could easily have a flush draw, but not two because he could also have a straight draw). Some quick math that's probably wrong tells me you have the odds to call if he has two pair 25% of the time. That sounds reasonable, so I probably peel.

Scott
Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 PM

Just a comment on the chance I will draw out if SB has two pair. button likely has some piece of the board when he coldcalls the turn. If he has paired the board with a different card than SB I have 3 less outs. If he is on a straight draw with KJ I have 2 less outs.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:14 AM

shameless bump for euro morning crew
Old 11-09-2005, 03:17 AM

I like the turn fold bc I think it very difficult to drop on river UI for 1 bb