Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Why can\'t Party run their 350K and the Semi\'s at the same time?

True.

All of their semi-finals cut-off registration at 1-hour before.
Maybe it has something to do with distributing the extra starting-chips or something weird.
Although it should be pretty easy to do this automatically one would think (thursday's semi-final was cancelled because most started with only 2k in chips when they should have gotten 3k...and somehow they weren't able to get the new one started and correct the issue).

I've always wondered why they cut off their registrations like that.
Some of the Empire guaranteeds would cut-off at 10 minutes or more before the start...thus almost ensuring an overlay.
(I am guessing that some of the party tourneys were like this too...but I was more familiar with the Empire MTT's).

My thoughts were the same....Empire must not like money.
They cut it off 10 minutes BEFORE the start and then have a 10% overlay that they have to pay out that they almost guaranteed would not have had to if they just let the registration stay open longer.

It is kind of weird.

Way to act like a Billion-dollar corporation Party!!
Cut your potential customers OUT of the tournament because you just don't want to make any more profits on it.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Yeah, at the end of the day, it's just another example of Party acting in a matter so counterintuitive to what good business and customer-service practices seem to dictate that it feels as if they must be joking. Alas, they are not.

Stars, of course, has never shyed away from spreading a big tounrament on the same day as a big qualifier and, needless to say, they are not worse for the ware.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it feels as if they must be joking. Alas, they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

Good point about stars. They're the ones who had over 1k WSOP qualifiers...not Party.

The satellite structures are easier to figure out...as well as actually find in the lobby.

Many times Party has amused me with all their 'sub-qualifiers' and 'super-satellites' that are different than their 'qualifers' and 'semi-finals'.

This is at the $10-$30 level (single table and multi) so you're probably not familiar with it...but I've played against MANY opponents who had no idea what they were playing for...and I can only imagine how many more players they would get for these IF their customers could only figure out what the hell you were trying to win.

It's a side-track of course (my specialty) but still goes with all those ideas of "geez...for a multi-billion-dollar company you guys sure act like amateurs."