Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: 25/50 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you the lodown on the regulars (they are ALL regulars).

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

except for you. you are the only irregular.

[/ QUOTE ]

...strongly considering making a prune joke right here.

thinking better of it....

ah, it's gone now. phew.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 PM

The correct method is to not wait for the second card. Simply move the deuce forward to indicate a fold before the second card even arrives.

Unfortunately, this will likely be my 2+2 legacy.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:42 PM

"A limp is correct at this point mostly because of the loose passive lady to my left who limps with roughly 2/3 of her hands."

By "2/3 of her hands," I assume you mean 2/3 of the time she has cards, not 2/3 of the time she see a flop. That being the case, don't the pots get raised behind her more frequently?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"A limp is correct at this point mostly because of the loose passive lady to my left who limps with roughly 2/3 of her hands."

By "2/3 of her hands," I assume you mean 2/3 of the time she has cards, not 2/3 of the time she see a flop. That being the case, don't the pots get raised behind her more frequently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your assumption is correct, 2/3 of the time she has cards, and she rarely raises. The table at this time was playing very limpy after she would limp. I'd say my limp was only marginally bad even knowing that she folded.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:48 PM

You see all the trouble you're having with this hand? That's why you fold preflop. I think you know this, but it's worth mentioning again. OOP w/ a weak hand vs a somewhat aggressive opponent who raised preflop... ugh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Since you called the raise, you must think there is a fair chance that your opponent raised the flop with nothing. It would be nice to know if you thought she'd also bet the turn with nothing... were you planning to call a turn bet?

If you were, then you'd be better off 3-betting the flop and leading the turn. Your goal here is to represent a bigger hand than you actually have in the hopes of folding all the unimproved high cards she might rais eon the flop.

If you're planning to fold the turn, then you play is a lot more interesting and the river just comes down to whether or not she'll call with ace high. Most do and I suggest betting the river.

good luck.
eric
Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am over being the nit who always says fold preflop so instead I offer the following story. Mike and I were at Hawaiian Gardens on friday and he was playing in a super loose passive game. We were going to take a break and I walk by his table as he plays his last hand from UTG before taking his big blind. He lets me sweat him and picks up the first card that shows a duece. He waits for the second card and without looking at it spins the both of them face down in the muck and we go outside for some fresh air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once, with a 4, UTG+1 I think, during my uber-tight I've read the book with the charts and know everything faze. 6/12 game. Made a joke about it to the dealer, who I was friendly with. "Only need to see one," and folded. She snuck a peak at my hand.

Flop was xx4 and she smirked a little. Turn x, river 4.

Turns out I folded quads.

This hand led me to the still ubertight I've read the book with the charts but now I see the flop with any pair faze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Information about what you are folding is MUCH harder to get than information about what you're playing. Don't give it away so easily. Always wait for the 2nd card.

-eric

ps. folding quads led you to alwayd pocket pairs? make sure you look away any time you fold 72.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, this will likely be my 2+2 legacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have four words for you sir:

Your Legacy will be Crazy Fox.

Josh
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am over being the nit who always says fold preflop so instead I offer the following story. Mike and I were at Hawaiian Gardens on friday and he was playing in a super loose passive game. We were going to take a break and I walk by his table as he plays his last hand from UTG before taking his big blind. He lets me sweat him and picks up the first card that shows a duece. He waits for the second card and without looking at it spins the both of them face down in the muck and we go outside for some fresh air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once, with a 4, UTG+1 I think, during my uber-tight I've read the book with the charts and know everything faze. 6/12 game. Made a joke about it to the dealer, who I was friendly with. "Only need to see one," and folded. She snuck a peak at my hand.

Flop was xx4 and she smirked a little. Turn x, river 4.

Turns out I folded quads.

This hand led me to the still ubertight I've read the book with the charts but now I see the flop with any pair faze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Information about what you are folding is MUCH harder to get than information about what you're playing. Don't give it away so easily. Always wait for the 2nd card.

-eric

ps. folding quads led you to alwayd pocket pairs? make sure you look away any time you fold 72.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of joking... I did really go through a faze where I overvalued setflopping, although at loose low limit live games it's not the worse vice. I'll go back to lurking; not much I can contribute to this forum beyond attempted amusement. When I play limit I'm just a 10/20 guy - might as well take the chance to commend you all on a good forum though. I learn a lot here.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:32 AM

I absolutely hate the pre-flop limp with this hand but since you're in this far you have to bet the river.