Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 10-29-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Are winning players really a bunch of wussy\'s or just smart?

For the most part my attitude when playing poker at the level my BR will allow is to play anyone and everyone "No Fear". I might table select but I want to be able to play and beat anyone at that level and therefore my competition is hit and miss. We all know experience is one of the best teachers in the game. Usually you have to lose your ass to learn and get better and I'm very OK with that. BUT, on the other hand "if" your in it for the money then you are looking for any edge you can. Therefore you still have to be a good enough player to beat the rake and the avg. fish. On the other hand this isn't going teach you any hard lessons. I'm not saying you can't learn from worse players than yourself because you can. It just seems like once your able to "beat the game" then one is always looking for the easy way out so to speak and play the softest games possible for money in your hip pocket. Are most winning players being a bunch of wussy's or just being smart?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Are winning players really a bunch of wussy\'s or just smart?

Play sports for fun or chess for challenge. Play poker for money.
Smart.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:55 PM

I'm not in it for bragging rights over good players, I'm in it for money. If I could find a table of retarded poker playing monkeys that's where I'd sit...
Old 10-29-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not in it for bragging rights over good players, I'm in it for money. If I could find a table of retarded poker playing monkeys that's where I'd sit...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-29-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] LINK
Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 PM

What is wussy about playing online poker? At the level I play at (10/20 shorthanded LHE), it's not easy, it is a challenge. Sure some players are decent and some are worse than decent, but some of them are extremely good. You get put to the test a lot and you have to put other players to the test in order to be successful. I find it both mentally challenging and and a good source of money.

If I have to choose between two tables, I will choose the one where I think I will make the most money per hour. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy. Even against very bad players, there are marginal decisions all the time. Playing poker extremely well is simply not easy, because there are very frequently situations where the right decision is right only by a very small margin. Playing winning poker at a particular level may be easy, but really trying to make the best decisions possible as often as possible is a very challenging task, even if you are playing $.50/$1.00. Let that be your challenge.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:11 PM

we're freaking wussies.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:21 PM

I like to crush the weak money games and then put a little money into a tournament with some big names for the challenge. That gives you the chance to play some tough guys with limited damage to the bankroll.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we're freaking wussies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"No Fear"

[/ QUOTE ]

The real wussies are the ones who have to remind everyone that they have no fear. Especially the douchbags who have those NO FEAR t-shirts and bumper stickers, which you probably have.