Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: Will Bush appoint only pro-life judges?
Yes 12 52.17%
No 2 8.70%
No, and he'll blame the minority Democrats for his failure 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: what would u do? (long/boring/lc)

If you're consistently winning at the 50's I don't think you need to drop to the 25's, specially since you say you're well rolled, you may find the 25's boring. You didn't mention how many tables you played at the 100's but playing fewer next time you move up would be a good idea until you're confident you're beating that game as well.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:33 AM

its generally not a good idea to move up while you're running bad, so just stick with the 50s until things get back to normal. When you feel better about your game again, dont hesitate to move up. I missed alot of money by staying at 50nl for way too long.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:36 AM

Play 2 $50's and 1 $100. Take time off if you need it.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:38 AM

when you're running bad/playing bad, dropping down is always a good idea, so I would hit the 50s for a few days to regain your confidence.

That said, try not to let what has happened so far discourage you. When I first went from the 50s to the 100s, same thing happened to me. Best thing to do is to focus (maybe cut down tables if that helps) and stay positive through the bad beats/bad play. Things will turn around, the 100s aren't really any different than what you've seen so far.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:22 AM

play the same number of tables, same format (NL SH), but drop down one limit.

This will relax you. Enjoy the game, make the correct plays, dont think about winning money, but just getting your mind right.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i should stress that im not really worried about the loss at all. 5 buy ins is really not a big deal. the fact that i have started losing my confidence is a big deal. a lot or people have said in the past that adding tables has improved their play. a lot of posters here have had similiar experiences as mine, and seem to be back to killin it again. i am just wondering what actions they took. thanx for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

play the 50's till you're back in your groove, then play only 1 $100 table, add a second when you're comfortable. adding tables doesn't help when you're shook, i tried that yesterday...you don't think as critically as you should when you're like that
Old 10-29-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
play 50s. that worked well for me. even tho u r ovrrolled, losing that much $ in A DAY FEELS DIFF. go back ti comfort spot and regain conf. ALSO MB HH review or a tutor session or 2? pm me 4 more fetails if u want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you drunk TWP? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, just insanely exhausted, lying in bed, and typing with one hand.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:55 AM

I think you stay at the level you're most comfortable with, which sounds like the 50. I would drop down to two tables instead of four and really focus on reads.

I'm also a big advocate of taking a couple of days off and going back to the poker texts, even if it's just review. I've found that does a lot of good for my confidence during a down swing, just to remind myself how much I've outstudied the other guy.

Good luck.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:59 AM

NL100 Party is full of fish. Way easier then the 50's...

Move up man
Old 10-29-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am taking today and probably 2marrow off. doing a lot of the things i dont do while playing poker, like paying attention to my girlfriend and whatever else normal people do. what i am really wondering is what i should do next. my confidence has taken a real shot. i have a few ideas of how to get back on the horse... please help

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking some time off is a fine idea. Moving up in limits is tough. Just keep playing the 50's, and one day when you're feeling good about yourself and your game, try the 100's again, and keep playing while you still feel good. And if you lose, or win but play bad, that's okay. Just go back to the 50's and wait for another day when you wake up feeling great.