Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:38 AM

Default AA Line Check, KKx flop and I Hit My 4 Flush

No real reads on Villain, he has not been around long. This is Bodog so no PT stats and sorry for the messy HH.

Hero $135
Villain $83

9 handed folds to me.
NL $100 Hero is in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises to $5, folds to CO who calls (short stack) and Villian on the Button who calls, blinds fold.

Flop $16 K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero bets $12, CO folds, Villain calls.
Turn $40 J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero checks, Villain bets $13, Hero calls.
River $66 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hero bets $25, Villain raises to $50.....

My thought on the flop was c-bet and take it down from any non king, so I am putting Villain on a king here most of the time. Turn I was ready to fold, but the flush draw popped up and I have just about correct odds if he definitely has a K. River bet was a value bet that I thought he would have to call with a K, but does the reraise mean I am definitely beat here, getting over 5-1 is this a call?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: AA Line Check, KKx flop and I Hit My 4 Flush

This is kind of dirty. Sucks when this happens and you're holding the rockets.

Umm, I think you've got to pay this out (if you are in fact behind). I think I probably would have gotten out of this on the turn, but on the river I almost for sure would have check-called, just to get this maddness over. My guess here is that you're against JJ, KJ, or possibly AK ok KQ at the very worst.

Sucks...
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

JJ?

If he has the flush it would be pretty silly of him to raise the river not knowing where the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is, but I guess he might. But what Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand would he just flat call your pfr raise with? He'd raise QQ and fold the others.

No, he's not afraid of the flush, and you're beat. But I'm not strong enough to fold the nut flush at 5:1 here.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

I agree: he likely backed into a boat OR he's really stupid.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:57 AM

i like your line up until the river. i think c/c'ing the river is the best line.. getting raised on this board would put me to the test. as played, i think you should call.

possible hands for villain: KJ, KxQh, AK ... if you call, i expect to see KJ or KxQh...
Old 10-27-2005, 10:00 AM

I would have thought a boat would have raised river more hoping for someone like hero's hand to call.

This smells like KxQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This smells like KxQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 83BB behind, would you really call a 5xBB pfr with KQo? Granted you have position, but I don't think I'd do it; you're just way too likely to be dominated.

Of course any random villain might do it, but does anyone else think such a cold call would be OK?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:10 AM

I call
Old 10-27-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With 83BB behind, would you really call a 5xBB pfr with KQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems a silly question. People LOVE hands like KQ, KJ, 10Q, A5.... I am never surprised to see someone calling a raise with KQ.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With 83BB behind, would you really call a 5xBB pfr with KQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems a silly question. People LOVE hands like KQ, KJ, 10Q, A5.... I am never surprised to see someone calling a raise with KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not asking the general public; in that case it is a silly question. I'm asking you, the 2+2er, winning poker player that you are -- and sorry, I know that's a bit off-topic as we're talking about a villain's hand range.