Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 10:46 AM

Default 88. NO SET. PLAY A BIG ONE.

my image should be quite LAG here... ive been at the table for several hours and my PFR is prob in the 30s...

button has it out for me... he is mad i outplayed him checking through the flop with TPTK and raising hi bet on fourth. he is pretty party poker typical... he will try to pick up small pots when checked to, but he is v tight/passive in big pots and postflop in general... he has been berating me nonstop on multiple tables and i have been abusing him at poker cause he is baaad.

the sb is truly horrible... very random but regular bluffer... he is exxxtremely loose preflop and on the flop... he will gamble peel w/ anything... the last two streets he is more reasonable with the calling, but still a serial bluffer. if he has TP or better, he will not slowplay or exercise pot control whatsoever.

hand.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($1587.25)
Button ($882.26)
SB ($880.25)
BB ($1116.50)
Hero ($1930.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $35, SB (poster) calls $30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($115) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $80</font>, SB calls $80, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $210</font>, Button folds, SB calls $130.

Turn: ($615) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
sb bets 150, <font color="red"> i push </font> .
Old 10-22-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 88. NO SET. PLAY A BIG ONE.

meh, there are better spots. I like the flop play becuase button has it out for you, but SB makes things really tricky. Once he calls the 80, im not crazy about the check raise, especially a small one. Why not make it 300 to go, then sb will only call when he clearly has at least a Q. Hes loose but not retarded (maybe he is?) I dont think you have a ton of fold equity on turn here, hes prob. gonna call with any two pair, Q or set. Im assuming you consider this a bluff, and I dont like the chances. Better spots will come.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:46 PM

not a bluff. def not a bluff. better hand folds NEVER.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:02 PM

I don't like the flop checkraise. Clearly leading at the pot is better. Since you opted to play it a bit not standard and check, once button bet and sb calls(if sb folds yea the raise is the bets play) I either in no particular order:

A) Fold right there, you gotta come through both of these guys with a weak hand that is very vulnerable. Boooo.
B) call, and donk bet most turns.
C) Go through with the check raise, but make it large, I like 300 on the check raise.

On to the turn, huh?
meh.

WTF does this goofy donkbet mean? He wants a cheap river card? If he wants a chear river, is it with a weak Q or a draw? He has the nuts and doesn't want it checked through?

I think he calls your allin with his weak queens, I think he calls your allins with his draws. He's only got 450 left. As a bluff its not gonna fly. He'll only fold if hes got complete air.

So we are doing this because we think we have equity over his range.

If that is true, there isn't really any other option but the push. No free cards, get it in.

If we feel his donk bet means we're beaten we might call for our potential 6 outer or fold, but not push.

I think I like the turn push vs the villain you describe.
Flop is meh, but you gotta mix it up 6 handed some. I'll give it some merit for metagame, but overall its what makes the hand difficult.

blake
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a bluff. def not a bluff. better hand folds NEVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read that before I posted, but thats pretty much the facts.

blake
Old 10-23-2005, 02:22 AM

bump...

Makes sense if SB was throwing out a block which I've seen people do and is what his donk bet looks like, he'll probably talk himself into a call...given your image.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Standard.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 10-23-2005, 11:18 AM

i don't like trying to bluff horrible/loose players.

i like your flop line though.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:21 AM

i moved in o the turn cause i thought he was drawing and the 88 was good.
bluffing this guy off a hand that beats 88 doesnt exist... he will NEVER fold a hand that beats 88... only chance would be a misclick.