Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Noisy Neighbors

In LA, houses are typically VERY close together, and my neighborhood is no exception. My neighbor's backyard, which has a pool and a hot tub, is literally 15 feet away from the back of my house, where the bedrooms are. These neighbors have a daughter who I'm guessing is in high school.

Two out of the last three Friday nights, she's been back there with 10-15 of her friends drinking, diving in the pool, and cackling loudly until 1AM or later. I'm pretty sure the parents are away. Two weeks ago when this happened I walked over there and fairly calmly asked that they quiet down and told them I have a baby in the house. While I walked away, I could here them laughing and wondering whether I was allowed to walk onto "their" private property. I called the cops after another hour of noise after this, but I think they probably just drive by on the street with the windows open. That doesn't do any good, because it wouldn't be loud unless you're in my house or behind theirs. So that went well.

Last night it happened again, and I tried to ignore it but ended up not sleeping much, partially because of being pissed off. I was obviously a kid once and can appreciate a little fun, and it's not like they've got Van Halen back there, but this is [censored] with my life now.

My current plan: walk over there when the parents are back and try and have a reasonable discussion. If they didn't know the daughter was drinking with friends and she gets busted, that's obviously now her problem. Plan B: write a letter begging them to please quiet down.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm trying not to be a dick while simultaneously not be a pushover.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Noisy Neighbors

Do the police thing again and get them to come inside - maybe they can scare them a little bit.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:37 PM

Call the cops and be sure to mention that there's underage drinking going on. The noise itself might not be enough to get the cops to do anything about it, as the noise must not seem excessive to them as they drive by.

You can also throw in the fact that you thought that you smelled pot...that'll get the cops moving.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any other ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
i am sure there are so acronyms OOT can come up with for this situation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

if its [censored] with your life and you have warned them time and time again, call the cops.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:46 PM

Talking to the parents is the correct play here. If it happens again, call the police and make sure to tell them that underage drinking is going on. That will put a stop to things in a hurry if the cops there are anything like the cops here.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:09 PM

Molotov Cocktail?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Put acid in the pool.

Lori
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put acid in the pool.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Which kind? Hallucinogenic or Caustic? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the cops and be sure to mention that there's possibly some sort of white powder being passed around

[/ QUOTE ]

This will get a fast response.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:43 PM

parents. i also like the idea of the drug raid.

fuji