Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: With apologies for another stats post, help me out here. Please.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold to river bet less

[/ QUOTE ]

he is under 30%. IMO he needs to fold the river more. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I'm backwards.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of % are you guys avg. here?

[/ QUOTE ]

37%

Krishan
Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM

I fold at river a lot more, but everyone here says I'm wrong. I'm just writing to mention, again, that I've never understood how that 37% number - which does seem to be the concensus - was arrived at, aside from it happening to coincide with the stats of some winning players.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold at river a lot more, but everyone here says I'm wrong. I'm just writing to mention, again, that I've never understood how that 37% number - which does seem to be the concensus - was arrived at, aside from it happening to coincide with the stats of some winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what the correct number is. I make my folds when I think they are good and I make my calls the same way. There is no particular correct number. I was asked for mine and I provided it. If you use the free showdown a lot, play at a lower limit, bet/fold a lot on the river could all be correct but result in differenct perfect numbers for different players. It's only really useful if your number is 25 or 55 because then you KNOW you are out of the expected range.

Krishan
Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM

Krishan,

I just made those comments about the fold at river stat because my numbers are reportedly at least somewhat out of whack. My memory is that I fold at river somewhere in the high 40s, perhaps 47%. And I've been trying to figure out whether most seem to recommend 35-40% (which is what I think they in fact recommend) for some reason (perhaps mathematical) that is beyond me.