Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: PSA: The upcoming Party decision

I understood what he said. I know way too many people who offer merchandise for sign ups with very little play and encourage people to sign up an account this week and another name next week and another the next.

The affiliate gets a "signup" fee for the dog and the mailman and the people down the street who never had any intention of playing.

They essentially split the CPA by offering merchandise or cash to the "player"
Old 10-12-2005, 04:16 AM

It seems as if Party wants to end the unbalance that existed in it's player pool: players without rakeback / players with rakeback / players with even more rakeback.

A system where most of the discount (related to volume) automatically flows back to the player in stead of to the affiliate, with some reasonable incentive for ppl, be it affiliates or players, to bring in new players (1-3% of MGR), is what they seem to be working on if I put all the pieces of information together.

Curious to hear what they have to tell today, though. They really have a shitty way of handling information. What a chaos it is.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:23 AM

I'm a little confused.

Why is "Party's stance" so important all of a sudden? Their stance was against rakeback for 3 years, yet rakeback affiliates completely ignored that and set up rakeback plans anyway, despite the fact that their accounts could be in jeopardy. The risk/reward was just too great.

If Party releases some "player awards" program that is less than what is being offered now, what's to stop affiliates from doing things their own way? Eventually, player demand will set the precidence just like it did 3 years ago when Party threatened rakeback violators. IMO, nothing is any different right now. Yet, everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for some "big decision" that is supposed to be coming from Party itself.

Originally, I thought against collusion, but now, I'm beginning to think that this whole Party Poker board meeting is just a bunch of rakeback affiliates and their crooked affiliate managers in a room together conjuring up some under-the-table deal for the players.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little confused.

Why is "Party's stance" so important all of a sudden?

[/ QUOTE ]

Individual trackers.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:03 AM

Just to be clear

Party will never openly endorse rakeback and i would not submit your details to your affiliate.

As most seem to know, something is cooking and will be anounced along the lines of an internal rewards system.

This whole "You need to sign up now to get deal" stuff is rubbish.

No affiliate has struck any deal with Party at all. We havent and have never pertained to. Now afiliate is being threatened with having their accounts frozen for signing people up.

Worse still some affiliates have been scammed into joining other affiliates who have told them about a super-deal they have secured. These are all lies too. Genius...but lies!

As of today we are advising anybody wanting to sign up with Party to wait. There is no point in signing up with anyone (not even us) until a decision has been made and released in to the public domain. Most of you have waited ages to get some sort of rebate from Party and so waiting a bit longer will not harm you.

People who have signed up in the last few days should not panic. Party aren't stupid. They'll be aware of this and make sure they sort something out. After all they wanted you back...they've got you...they dont want to lose you again. You are just like the few thousand existing dormant account holders who left for pastures green some time ago, they are working on this too.

Regards

RTR
Old 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to be clear

Party will never openly endorse rakeback and i would not submit your details to your affiliate.

As most seem to know, something is cooking and will be anounced along the lines of an internal rewards system.

This whole "You need to sign up now to get deal" stuff is rubbish.

No affiliate has struck any deal with Party at all. We havent and have never pertained to. Now afiliate is being threatened with having their accounts frozen for signing people up.

Worse still some affiliates have been scammed into joining other affiliates who have told them about a super-deal they have secured. These are all lies too. Genius...but lies!

As of today we are advising anybody wanting to sign up with Party to wait. There is no point in signing up with anyone (not even us) until a decision has been made and released in to the public domain. Most of you have waited ages to get some sort of rebate from Party and so waiting a bit longer will not harm you.

People who have signed up in the last few days should not panic. Party aren't stupid. They'll be aware of this and make sure they sort something out. After all they wanted you back...they've got you...they dont want to lose you again. You are just like the few thousand existing dormant account holders who left for pastures green some time ago, they are working on this too.

Regards

RTR

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree with pretty much most of this.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reasons why Party would do this are currently being discussed in threads here and in the Zoo. If other affiliates have information to support or contradict this, I encourage it to be posted here

[/ QUOTE ]
So can we leave all the rumors, uninformed opinions, and idiocy out of this thread? Its bad enough sorting through the crap in the rest of the forum without having to do it in the stickied thread as well.

Use that "Delete" button, Cup.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM

In which case surely you'll be prepared to say unconditionally in public here that you have secured a direct agreement to offer 25% for Party rakeback as you are on your site? And that Party have told you that it is alright to advertise this on your site?

Regards
RTR
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 AM

It's not advertised on their site anymore.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not advertised on their site anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
It still is, but it is about one hundred times more subtle than it was a couple of days ago. Hell I still see ads on 2+2 for it (check the tournament and poker news page for one).

-K