Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 09:51 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.
Default Re: breaking bonaduce

i think in reality to them, it was just suppose to be another generic reality show. about their crazy lives, family etc.

and trying to make their relationship better (for entertainment purposes mostly, i think was the intention here. i think danny knows he's a trainwreck and just doesn't care, but never expected to really lose gretchen because of it).

but from what i've seen of the show, as danny said in one episode "before , he thought they were happy couple , seasoned with moments of unhappiness, now he feels like they are an unhappy couple, seasoned with moments of happiness" ...

he also apparently is going to flip out at the psychiatrist soon, thinking he is putting some voodoo curse on gretchen.

so far gretchen is simply trying to do some things for herself... innocent things like joined a band that she plays with a couple times a month, had a little birthday party with her girl friends... and whenever she leaves to do something innocent for herself, he flips out, first begging her not to leave , after she does, he goes crazy drinking like a madman , taking steroids , and just getting pretty psycho. he has major anger issues, too. which adds plenty of entertainment value.

in the sessions with the psychiatrist he's basically realizing that gretchen might really leave him, and is now going through some major breakdown.

at the end of sundays episode he realizes this reality show isn't going as planned (he didn't expect his marriage start to fall apart and is blaming the show or something) and they show him mkaing a phone call to gretchen at her little party saying "the show is done, i'm going to have to talk to some lawyers" and clips about him slitting his wrist in the future. and mention of divorce.

it's insane. but oh so very interesting.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:21 PM

How much of it do you or anyone think is faked?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much of it do you or anyone think is faked?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think it's believably real. but what do i know ?
if he is faking it he is an amazing actor. and we are talking about danny bonaduce.
have you seen it ? what do you think ?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:29 PM

i think he definetly tries to play up his craziness and then [censored] just flew off the handle.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM

also i am not sure anyone would want to fake being a controlling , emotionally abusive, dependent, psychotic, alcoholic husband on tv when they are at risk of losing their wife. but i dunno.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM

I haven't seen it, Gorie.

My friend grew up on the same street as he did. He says Danny was a total a*shole and weird from the start. Even when he was making a ton of money on The Partridge Family, my friend said he still came over to his house and stole his bike.

So even if he's faking some of the show now, he's had a bit of a screw loose all his life.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 PM

"My life is a car crash, man, and you have every right to slow down and watch the car crash"

Goddamn right, Danny, when you're producing the best reality show in years, if not ever.

Bonaduce has the gift of gab, and his volatility makes the show addicting. Not to mention great editing and music for the reality show. It's a shame, though, that his kids are growing up seeing their father abuse himself.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 AM

I avoid that douchebag at all costs. Those of you that are younger might not be aware of the fact that, probably in the early 90's, he somehow got known again. Mainly through the Howard Stern show if memory serves me.

Anyway, he has done everything from talk radio to this kind of stuff for years now and why the public gives him any attention is beyond me. Jerry Springer syndrome, I suppose. He is nothing but an obnoxious bore. Hopefully, whatever problems he is enduring multiply.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 AM

This show RULES. I was gonna make a post about it. Must see TV.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:15 AM

Network, time, etc? Thanks.