Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Just Your Normal Set Hand

This comes from a hand I played last night but happens all the time and I just want to make sure I am judging it correctly. At NL 100 is there any reason not to shove this hand right down the other players throats, at NL 50 and 25 that was always the best bet, but seems like I may be letting people get away to easy sometimes.

Hero has 77 on Button with about $140
SB $200
BB $100
CO $80

4 players limp to me, I call, SB an BB call.

Flop Q, 7, 6 rainbow

SB (20/8 has seemed a little loose, maybe) leads for $7, BB (48/4, not very good) calls, 3 folds, CO (55/2, even worse) calls, and I can complete the action with a call.

Do you call, make the once every year min raise just to juice the pot knowing they will call, Raise it to like 30 making 89 pay, since it seems a few players like their hands or raise even more?

When the flop came, I said, this board is not too scary, but when three people were already in before me, I assumed that these loose players could definitely have 54, 98, etc, so just about any low card on the turn could be semi scary, I raised to $30 and everyone folded. I don't want to be results oriented but is there a better line for this?
Old 09-30-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Just Your Normal Set Hand

No, an average player dont fold a big queen here and if someone else has a straight draw he comes along if the pot is large enough. Protect your hand, a raise is a must here against that many limpers, nicely played.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:16 PM

against that many players i'm wanting to fold a couple of limpers so i'd raise....don't make it super scary because you want a couple people to stick around and makes it easier to get the money in later.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:45 PM

You're taking a risk if you call or just minraise. If you do either of those, you might have to let your hand go before showdown. If you are capable of that, well, meh....I still like to raise. Too many players = too many variables. If you minraise you are trying to get $21 more dollars in the pot, $7 out of 3 players. Why not raise to $28 there and hope to get $21 more dollars out of one player. Same pot size, and now you only have one hand to fight off instead of 3. Just a thought. I think you played the hand fine.