Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-29-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Making the Switch

Well I have been playing for about 6 months now full table (4 tabling) and I am thinking of making the switch to 6 max. Why you may ask, for the same reasons I have heard many times on hear. Lots of crazy's, looser table but most of all for the education. Seems like many of the well respected posters on here are playing six max, so maybe it speeds up the learning curve.

I have ventured in a few times and comes out not so happy, more bad beats in like 1000 hands then in like 30000 at full table. Some is probably just luck, some was bad play on my part and some is because the players are a little more crazy and the junk will hit them from time to time (variance).

My questions are, how should I adjust my game to 6 max. Maybe someone could give me a brief overview, I am normally about a 17/4/3 at full table, what is a good starting point at 6max? Should I just use Fimbulwinter's guide to starting requirements that he posted a while back?
Also I am currently at NL100 and well banked for that, but I am thinking that dropping to the 50's might be a better idea (maybe even the 25's?), any thoughts.
Finally, I have never really had a problem 4 tabling but would you recommend starting with less? I do hate to see the rakeback go down but oh well.
I know a lot of this will come down to my skills and comfort level, but if others could share their experiences it may help.

Thanks!!!!