Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Lost TV show - Did anyone notice this?

[ QUOTE ]

In some ways, that reminds me of Twin Peaks. Most posters here won't remember the first season when it came out, but it was a big watercooler type of show, that just derailed in future seasons since they never resolved anything really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that most people just got really pissed after the first season when the killer's identity was not revealed. I have heard that they restructured the season and showed it in Europe where it became a huge hit (even after the second season). I thought the second season was kind of weak, but the movie was crap your pants scary and that more than made up for it.

BTW does David Lynch ever resolve anything in his movies? I don't think he is a big fan of linear plot lines.

Don't they have a lot of different writers for lost ? I just started watching it on dvd and noticed that a lot of episodes just kind of jump all over the place. I like the show but see a lot of ways for it to go awry with all the different writers (especially the writer who always makes episodes where everyone cries a lot).
Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 PM

I just wanted to point out something that has almost certainly been pointed out elsewhere. In the scene where Hugo ("Hurley") is racing around the airport trying to make his flight, there's a group of 6 female soccer players lurking around one of the gates, and the numbers on their jerseys match these numbers.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:56 PM

Those are my vpip/pfr/af and wtsd stats!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 04:20 AM

In this week's episode they enter those numbers on some old apple pc.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 AM

I think at the time twin peaks was hugely talked about and watched in the UK certainly in the 18-22 demographic I was in, I remeber the last show being a big thing loads of people watching it and most people thinking what the [censored] we watched two seasons for this.