Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: I can\'t believe there\'s actually people like this

Yeah there was this comedy sketch on a BBC program a while back.

Quite cinema. Classic Nokia ringtone starts ringing....

Man picks up comedy-sized mobile phone at back of cinema, and shouts into it:

HI.
I'M IN A CINEMA.
NAH, THE FILMS [censored]

Anyway, it works better visually.... Its filmed "in real life" so the reaction of the people is pretty funny....
Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:31 PM

In Britain they have a good film at the begining of the main show that makes anyone who leaves there phone on look like a wanker. Consequently everyone turns there phone off the moment it ends. This is good because if you do leave your phone on in a cinema you are an utter tool.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was with a friend who did this once, and I was too much of a pussy to do anything about it

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not deserving of your avatar!

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

you and your friend are both douchebags
Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later".

[/ QUOTE ]
this is clearly different than answering thephone, "hello?" i still don't know why it's absolutely pertinent that you answer the phone, what's wrong with a missed call? people call me all the time (phone on vibrate) while i am in the movie and i never answer, i just call them back when i get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, why answer the phone just to tell someone you cant talk to them?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She probably figured the phone vibrating and her wispering were inaudible. I don't see this as a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see what the issue is. My brothers phone vibrated once while we were in a movie. He answered and whispered "in a movie, talk to you later". The people in fron of us, a fat women and her fat significant other, told him to turn his damn phone off. "I said shut up" She turned around, the fat man gave me the evil eye, end of story. I don't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even answer the phone at all?

Opening night of The Wedding Crashers... obviously the theatre was full. A phone starts ringing quite loudly and the guy in front of me digs through the purse of the women he was with and pulls the phone out. Instead of silencing it he decides to see who it is. At this point much of the crowd is obviously quite annoyed (turning back, looking at him, scowling etc.) So what does he do? Well obviously he answered or I wouldn't be telling this story. Not only did he answer, but he did so in a normal speaking voice and carried out a full 20 second conversation making plans to call the person back after the movie to talk about possibly going to the bar.

Before the movie was over he answered his phone again and yelled at someone who told him to get off the phone. Oh, and he didn't turn the ringer off and went through the whole digging the phone out of the purse/checking to see who was calling routine again when he got the second call.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny but I think l lot of the other 400 or so other movie goers were quite annoyed by it.

For anyone who knows Minneapolis this happened at the Block E theatre.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the thought process I'd attribute to someone going to a movie and not turning off their friggin' phone - barring the expectation of an emergency call. In which case I question why the hell they're in the movie!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that sucks man, and such a wrong movie to do it in too since its pretty much a mood film with little dialogue an not exactly Die Hard.

next time, stand up and say "your f*cking world b*tch!"

[/ QUOTE ]

And then "kick 'em in the balls!" (Thank you Al Capone Junior)

Unless you think she ain't got balls. In which case you kick the balls of the guy she's with. Assuming she's with a guy.

Maybe I should delete this?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]