Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Where am I? (A little rusty)

Sorry for no HH, I am at work. Just back off a three week break and can't decide if I played this too passively or not. Villain is 50/0 in only 14 hands, so not sure if I can really count that as a read.

Villain $100
Hero $150

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG

NL $100 Hero raises to $4 and get 4 callers including the Villain in SB and BB.

~ $20 in pot, flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain leads $3, BB calls, I raise to $20, all fold to Villain who calls BB folds.

~ $63 in pot turn A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero checks

~ $63 in pot river a blank
Villain checks, Hero bets $25

The $3 flop bet screamed I am an idiot looking for a cheap card to complete my flush. Then when the flush hits and I hit my set, he checks (normal donk slowplaying a made flush?), so I take the free card hoping to fill up on the river or see how he plays it.
River, since he checks, I am assuming he does not have the flush and I really have no idea what kind of hand to put him on, so I value bet a little less than half the pot. If he comes back over the top all in I have a tough decision, but how often does someone check the turn and river like that.

Thoughts?
Old 09-20-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Where am I? (A little rusty)

be the turn, your def ahead, if not you have odds to see the river.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:40 PM

I personally like the check behind on the turn. It does feel like a flush got there. On the river I don't mind the value bet, but I'd strongly consider folding to a raise. I'd probably play it the way you did on 4th and 5th street. Apparently you need to raise more PF. Were there always a lot of callers at 4xBB from an EP raiser?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:54 PM

No that is what shocked the heck out of me, I thought 4 was a bit too high, sometimes I go $5-6 if the table is playing extra loose, but this one was not, in fact this was going to be my last hand at the table, because it was too tight (or at least I thought).
I really felt the flush on 4th street, but I was WAY off, turns out his 50/0 (even just over the limited hands) was a good indicator of a BAD player as he turned over KQ off suit, no diamonds.
Called $3.50 more preflop, $17 more on the flop, and $25 on the river with that... that is the main reason I have such trouble putting people on hands, like someone said in another post earlier, I wind up giving them too much credit.
Needless to say, I added him to my buddy list and hope to have that chance again.

If he raises the river I think I call, and if he slowplayed the flush I tip my hat for him being able to check a made flush twice.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
be the turn, your def ahead, if not you have odds to see the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Thats a nice way to get screwed with top set vs. flush.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:28 PM

nice turn check
bet 40$ on river fold to checkraise with dicipline