Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Wow, I Am The Sunday Night Donkey!!! (LC?)

Hand 1- you seem to realize that you completely misplayed this.

Hand2- this hand confuses me b/c wtf did the guy limp with? In addition to the flush he could have a set or AJ, which he incorrectly slow played. For this reason, I think you can get away from this one pretty easily.

Hand3- i like your line.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:15 AM

Hand 1 agreed, like I said I thought I was getting cute, but I was actually getting ugly... (a lesson learned)

Hands 2 probably should have folded preflop, but with 6 players in, at a table where I knew there would be a lot of calls behind me, is this a definite fold? I will play this from time to time and shut it down if I don't hit 2 pair, here I did, so I played it, I am assuming if you were in this situation you fold to the raise from a calling station?

Hand 3: I have no idea... check fold probably is the best line, I can probably find a better spot against this guy, although I really thought he could have any ace there. Unfortunately he had JT.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hands 2 probably should have folded preflop, but with 6 players in, at a table where I knew there would be a lot of calls behind me, is this a definite fold? I will play this from time to time and shut it down if I don't hit 2 pair, here I did, so I played it, I am assuming if you were in this situation you fold to the raise from a calling station?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're playing this hand to hit 2 pair? hoping to flop a flushdraw kinda makes sense but 2 pair doesn't.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 AM

Hand 2 was AJ, turn was a pretty clear fold the more I think about it.

What is your action on the turn (if you think my flop line is ok..) Check fold? Bet about 1/2 pot fold to reraise, or is the $15 ok as long as I fold to the reraise?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm sorry, yes I am looking for the flush, what I meant was whenever I play a hand like this I am looking for at least 4 to a flush, two pair an OESD (not applicable in this hand).
That is what I usually do with SC's etc, is that wrong?
Old 08-29-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 was AJ, turn was a pretty clear fold the more I think about it.

What is your action on the turn (if you think my flop line is ok..) Check fold? Bet about 1/2 pot fold to reraise, or is the $15 ok as long as I fold to the reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan of the $15 dollar bet b/c it seems like such an obvious bet for information. a) Someone could easily make a play on you and raise you out of the pot and b) If someone does raise you then you might talk yourself into calling thinking that he just read you for weakness/fear based on your bet size. I used to have a big problem with part b, I don't know if that applies to the way you think though.

If you're going to bet, I'd bet half the pot and fold to a raise. However, I prefer checking here. If he's a calling station, I doubt he'll make a play on you.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
b) If someone does raise you then you might talk yourself into calling thinking that he just read you for weakness/fear based on your bet size. I used to have a big problem with part b, I don't know if that applies to the way you think though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what happened. I thought my 2 pair could be beat, but then convinced myself that he was only reacting to my weak bet... gross!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Thank You

Just wanted to thank you guys for your input. Going to bed so if anyone else has any input please let me know, but I will not see it until the AM.
Anacardo, I hope you picked that table apart after I left, I wanted to stay but just knew I was not playing very well and at the same time either entering Tiltsville or already there.
Can't wait to log on in the morning, read this post again, and puke in my mouth... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Thank You

If by "pick that table apart," you mean "find aces and get it in the middle," then, yeah, mission accomplished. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 01:23 AM

hand 3 is the most marginal one.

push hand 1 preflop,

check the turn on hand 2. if villain underbets the turn, call and hope to fill up. if he leads pot, just fold.

your 3 bet all in is really bad. nobody is folding a flush.