Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: New B&M FAQ?

Quote:
Hi BigBaitsim (milo):

My position is that I'm very uncomfortable with all these FAQs. The problem is that whatever we say has the potential to damage our "honest broker" status and our ability to constructively criticize.

Here's a simple example. Suppose we say that the major cardrooms in Vegas are Wynn, Belagio, and Mirage. While this is certainly the case, other cardrooms might resent this. Furthermore, the order of how we mention these big three could be a source of complaint.

Put another way, we are not, as I see it, in the supplying basic information business. We are however, in the discussion business. For example, I don't have any problem with any of us saying in a post that Cardroom A has more comfortable chairs than Cardroom B. (In fact, we encourage this sort of thing.) But I do have a problem with a FAQ that makes this exact same statement since it may now appear that Two Plus Two is officially endorsing Cardroom A over Cardroom B.

What has happened is that this site now has a great deal of power to influence many different things related to poker. We need to be very careful that we do this correctly so that (again) we don't effect our honest broker status.

Best wishes,
Mason
That all makes a great deal of sense.